Jump to content

Mason Miller committed to Creighton.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bryan Moss, publisher of the Memphis Rivals page, changed his FutureCast pick of Memphis to Indiana today.

I heard Kaufman and Miller won't play together.

I think the other option is Creighton, he will pick IU sooner rather than later and will have ZERO impact on Kaufman.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

This is going to sound like silly fan stuff, but with what we've heard about Galloway so far this offseason is he as a sophomore going to be better than a freshman Miller? I certainly hope so and think it's very possible.

I don't think it's silly. Actually a sophomore Galloway, Leal, and Geronimo could all be better. Not to mention upperclassmen, Franklin, Hunter,etc...we'll be fine. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

This is going to sound like silly fan stuff, but with what we've heard about Galloway so far this offseason is he as a sophomore going to be better than a freshman Miller? I certainly hope so and think it's very possible.

You’re probably right but I’d argue it’s also important to stack good classes on top of one another too. It’s probably a combination of the two. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

This is going to sound like silly fan stuff, but with what we've heard about Galloway so far this offseason is he as a sophomore going to be better than a freshman Miller? I certainly hope so and think it's very possible.

You are building classes not hoping your soph's are better than your Freshman. if they arent you recruited the wrong soph. Missing on a strong 21 class will hurt this team for 2 years. Lets hope Archie can pull a rabbit out of his hind end.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish people would consider jerome is only a Sophomore before freaking out. There are gonna be transfers with this crazy covid yr. also kenya hunter seems to be doing a great job recruiting so far! It’s ok to not b happy about missing a recruit but dont panic. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Wish people would consider jerome is only a Sophomore before freaking out. There are gonna be transfers with this crazy covid yr. also kenya hunter seems to be doing a great job recruiting so far! It’s ok to not b happy about missing a recruit but dont panic. 

Not only thatz but the kid couldn't do anything basketball related for a while because of his unusual health issue a few years ago.  He basically not only had to rediscover his skills, but redevelop his body as well.  The kid almost lost the ability to play the game.

IU has had setbacks, like what happened to Hunter.  Rob and Race with their concussions that took them out for an extended period of time as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My thinking is that Geronimo in a year will be as good as the recruits we lost out on.  He is 6'7 220 and will be a good stretch 4 if you ask me.

This. We have plenty of players that can play the four for the next couple seasons in Race, Hunter and Geronimo. Five was the biggest need in case TJD and Brunk leave. Personally, TJD has a lot to prove to be a first rounder. Needs to prove he can handle the ball and shoot outside of the paint. Brunk I think comes back to just play another year. However it isn’t like Miller and Kaufmann were going to come in and start. There is still three players capable of starting there. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate missing out on so many recruits this year. I am still squarely on the fence of whether CAM is the guy that gets us where we want to be.  Time will tell. On a side note I still find it comical that so many of the things the anti Crean group used to bash him find excuses to support CAM when he does the same things. Interesting to me

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I hate missing out on so many recruits this year. I am still squarely on the fence of whether CAM is the guy that gets us where we want to be.  Time will tell. On a side note I still find it comical that so many of the things the anti Crean group used to bash him find excuses to support CAM when he does the same things. Interesting to me

Can you elaborate on that? I don’t think Archie is anything like Crean. Archies system isn’t anything like Creans. His system he demands you play D and he values the ball offensively with a more inside out approach. Crean wanted to shoot 30 threes a game.  And his teams turned the balm over 20 times a game. Archie has recruited the state so far way better than Crean did. Archie doesn’t throw around scholarships to anyone that can walk and chew gum. Where as Crean did. 

We have improved every year since Archie has been here including what would of been a tourney bid last year. Covid really hurt In that regard. And I expect us to take another step forward this year. 

the only think I can complain about is maybe we should of been better a little faster?? But he wasn’t allowed to clean house and had to deal with Creans terrible roster construction when he took over. 

It’s the same thing with Tom Allen. When people said he was “glorified high school coach” if you knew anything at all you could tell he was building something. Same with Archie. Sure I’d like to see us shoot a little better from the outside but other than that I think he has the program on a continued rise. 

Edited by 5 championships
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

1 thing is if Crean has a 4 man class and follows up with a 1 man class its unbalanced if CAM does its ok because we added a 21 kid in 20. There are others but this 1 is kind of big

Darn I didn’t know this class was already over with? I’m sure Archie will add a grad transfer or regular transfer or he will sign Aminu or someone in the 2020 class. 
I don’t think Archie is just going to say yup we’re done for 2020. Not anywhere close. A lot of things can happen. We are a full year away from start of next season. Plenty of time to add pieces to 2020.

and yes missing on Kaufman stings but come on it’s not the end of Indiana basketball and Archie Miller era. And he is nothing close to Crean or believe me I would be upset! 

Edited by 5 championships
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

1 thing is if Crean has a 4 man class and follows up with a 1 man class its unbalanced if CAM does its ok because we added a 21 kid in 20. There are others but this 1 is kind of big

As I recall, the criticism was that Crean would have a huge class, often filled up with guys that were fringe prospects, at best, and then wouldn't have the room to go after quality players and/or fill a need in future classes. That doesn't seem to apply here.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

1 thing is if Crean has a 4 man class and follows up with a 1 man class its unbalanced if CAM does its ok because we added a 21 kid in 20. There are others but this 1 is kind of big

Crean had unbalance at positions, not just class sizes.  Plus he offered everyone under the sun.  Not to mention, he had April, Priller and Gelon on scholarships.  Crean was erratic and built teams to compete for 1-2 years, then basically had to start all over.  
 

archie is building it so most guys are in  the system 3-5 years, graduate, plug and play. He’s building it for long term sustainability.   As he gets closer to righting this ship, IU will be at top of big ten for next 25 years. 
 

sucks IU missed one TK and MM, but if they sign Aminu (big IF), brunk and al come back .... TJDs minutes are replaced by Logan and maybe a grad transfer.   
 

as people have pointed out, the roster still has solid players.   2022 will need some guys for sure.  
 

but long term, Archie is night and day compared to Crean.  It will start showing. 
 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 5 championships said:

Darn I didn’t know this class was already over with? I’m sure Archie will add a grad transfer or regular transfer or he will sign Aminu or someone in the 2020 class. 
I don’t think Archie is just going to say yup we’re done for 2020. Not anywhere close. A lot of things can happen. We are a full year away from start of next season. Plenty of time to add pieces to 2020.

Of course there is. I will be curious to see fan reaction if we are forced to take or offer guys that we as fans don't think are worthy. If we get AM I will be content with this class.  I think LD is that good and will be a fan favorite. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Of course there is. I will be curious to see fan reaction if we are forced to take or offer guys that we as fans don't think are worthy. If we get AM I will be content with this class.  I think LD is that good and will be a fan favorite. 

I think with the new rules because of Covid it’s going to be a crazy offseason with players moving around. Will see. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • bluegrassIU changed the title to Mason Miller committed to Creighton.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...