Mason Miller committed to Creighton.

3 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Stop it.  Absolutely IU was in.  They were not mentioned as a "bubble team".  This negativity in a recruit's thread has just gotten stupid.  Please take it elsewhere.

Like I said, they were likely in but it was far from guaranteed. A 10-11 at large bid is a bubble team and could easily be knocked out by a few upsets. If they won the next game in the B1GT they were likely definitely in but if they lost it they would've still been questionable. 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guarantee they were in if they had the tournament

Easy to guarantee something that never happened.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bryan Moss, publisher of the Memphis Rivals page, changed his FutureCast pick of Memphis to Indiana today.

I heard Kaufman and Miller won't play together.

I think the other option is Creighton, he will pick IU sooner rather than later and will have ZERO impact on Kaufman.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Exactly we put 2 guys in the NBA the year before so the talent was down. Also the one NBA player had a torn ligament in his shooting had and almost every other scholarship player that year missed multiple games. But heck why would that matter right?? 

I'm confused, so was the talent great or terrible you have lost me. We have a lottery pick that even a no good former high school like myself can see what never utilized to a fraction of his ability. Let him stand in the corner all game long on the same side as Juwan. Makes no sense. Romeo could not shoot because of the injury so lets limit what he does well which is finish at the rim and allow his man to help off and double JM. Excellent coaching. Put the ball in the hands of your best player PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I'm confused, so was the talent great or terrible you have lost me. We have a lottery pick that even a no good former high school like myself can see what never utilized to a fraction of his ability. Let him stand in the corner all game long on the same side as Juwan. Makes no sense. Romeo could not shoot because of the injury so lets limit what he does well which is finish at the rim and allow his man to help off and double JM. Excellent coaching. Put the ball in the hands of your best player PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was LSU a good team the year they had Ben Simmons because he was so talented? What about Georgia with Anthony Edwards?

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Go back and look at his usage.  

Again, I don't know why you're crapping all over Mason Miller's thread with this stuff.  Not like you, man.  I'd expect it from Mike but I honestly expected better from you.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

In year 3 I’m happy we were going to be in the tournament. In year 4 and 5 we need to be doing more than getting in the tournament. That’s having realistic goals. 

We can agree that we have different expectations and that is fine. I am not knocking CAM he may become the next Coach K or the former IU coach IDK. I am not pleased with the progress and if that makes me unrealistic than so be it. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Well considering he averaged about 16 a game I think he did pretty good. Which was more than any other IU freshmen averaged besides Eric Gordon. But honestly you are right. I thought he stood in the corner to much at times. But overall I thought Archie did really well with him. 

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is true but some don't want to hear facts

For every Coach K there are 20 that hung around for 5-10 years and did nothing . We can all cherry pick stats and find arguments to support our narratives. If CAM does amazing your arguments are correct and if he does not then mine are. At the end of the day we both want IU to win and bottom half every year of the BIG is not what I personally call winning whether is 1 game back or 15 back. 10th place is 10th place

• Like 2
Just now, Billingsley99 said:

For every Coach K there are 20 that hung around for 5-10 years and did nothing . We can all cherry pick stats and find arguments to support our narratives. If CAM does amazing your arguments are correct and if he does not then mine are. At the end of the day we both want IU to win and bottom half every year of the BIG is not what I personally call winning whether is 1 game back or 15 back. 10th place is 10th place

For me every coach should get 5 years to see if they are the right coach.  Unless there is off court problems or cheating involve I think they should be given time before fans start asking for his head

3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Well considering he averaged about 16 a game I think he did pretty good. Which was more than any other IU freshmen averaged besides Eric Gordon. But honestly you are right. I thought he stood in the corner to much at times. But overall I thought Archie did really well with him. 

I disagree. He was not used to his potential. As a team we became so easy to guard and RL was not utilized. He easily could have been a 20 plus avg. He was good enough but the ball was not in his hands nearly enough. 16 a game for a freshmen is amazing but he was not just any Freshman. He and Gordon were elite. My friend was an assistant on a Big staff and he agrees completely with my assessment. RL on the top of key scared every team in the country Romeo standing in the corner scared no on yet he found himself there more times than not. If you believe me just go back and watch and look specifically for that. Everyone in the country knew he was going right yet few in any could keep him from doing so. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For me every coach should get 5 years to see if they are the right coach.  Unless there is off court problems or cheating involve I think they should be given time before fans start asking for his head

Can you point me to the posters saying he should be fired before 5 years? No one is saying he should be fired now and everyone seems to realize he won't be fired after this season. So it appears he'll get at least 5 years. So why do you keep posting as though people are saying he won't?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I agree but is it wrong to expect more than 10th in the BIG. Thats my whole argument. 

• Like 4
Just now, NotIThatLives said:

Entertaining rabbit trailer fellas.  Back to MM please.  

Go start another thread about whether or not IU would have been deemed a bubble team had they lost the next game in B1G tourney last year.  

I'm happy the program is trajecting up still and will surprise this year.  

Mason Miller is going to Creighton. 

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Anything else regarding him to discuss other than he will do very well there and would have been a great addition to IU

You are being emotional. We got a kid for the most important position. Miller and Kaufmann weren’t guaranteed to start here. We have Geronimo who is a top 100 kid, Thompson who was top 100 before reclassifying, and Hunter who was a top 100 kid. 

PG - We have Phinisee and Landers for two to three years. 

SG/SF - counting this season, we have Durham for two more. We have Franklin for four more. We have Hunter for three more. We have Leal and Galloway for four more. We have a lot of kids in the top 150 here.  Plenty to work with. These kids typically take to their junior seasons though to be good players. 

PF - TJD maybe, Thompson, Geronimo and Hunter here.  Plenty to work with.

C - this was our major need. If TJD and Brunk leave after this season, we needed more than Thompson.  

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

What do you think?

I don’t think he is a 4 or a 5.  Not big or long enough for the five. Not quick enough for the four.  The Big Ten will eat him alive at the four. He is a five. Going to have some issues with players length. Kauffman isn’t quick enough for the three either. His knock has always been his lateral quickness.  He is a four.  Not a fan of Furst BTW. 

Edited by IU_Realist
7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Anything else regarding him to discuss other than he will do very well there and would have been a great addition to IU

Sure...would have been nice but I don't see Mason as a must-get by a long shot.  I know I know...the class is too small.  What if it's two players and a third joins as a spring transfer?  This recruiting season is not over yet and it seems people are ready to nail the coffin shut.  Duncomb alone could literally be nearly as productive as the movement class that people were shatting themselves over.

Two days in front of the season opener and fans are this gloomy?  Really?

• Like 2
  • bluegrassIU changed the title to Mason Miller committed to Creighton.