Mason Miller committed to Creighton.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

We all or.most of us back the coach but no one is above being questioned. Not sure why questioned is viewed as being disloyal. 

I just think it is a little early to question his recruiting because it has been very good so far.  This class we had a few disappointments but this class is not over yet.  Also i feel when their starts to be rumblings about the coach it will start effecting recruiting in a negative way.  We have heard from a couple of recruits or family who mentioned the fan base as being a little over the top in criticizing players and coaches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bryan Moss, publisher of the Memphis Rivals page, changed his FutureCast pick of Memphis to Indiana today.

I heard Kaufman and Miller won't play together.

I think the other option is Creighton, he will pick IU sooner rather than later and will have ZERO impact on Kaufman.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think this team wit finish 5th in the conference and be a top 20 team nationally.  

Of course, 5th in BIG and top 20 will probably get us a ticket to March Madness. I like it. If this happens, I would think IU is legitimately back on the map because unlike the previous coach, Archie seems to value continuity.  I wouldn't be mad if this team finishes top 25, not top 20. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

I just think it is a little early to question his recruiting because it has been very good so far.  This class we had a few disappointments but this class is not over yet.  Also i feel when their starts to be rumblings about the coach it will start effecting recruiting in a negative way.  We have heard from a couple of recruits or family who mentioned the fan base as being a little over the top in criticizing players and coaches.

Everything affects recruiting whether its true or not. I have spoken with people who been in the meetings with recruits and coaches use every trick in the book. Its up to the kid and his family to do what they want with the info

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Nobody said not to be disappointed if it happens but why be so pessimistic before it even happens.  I think this team wit finish 5th in the conference and be a top 20 team nationally.  If it doesn't happen then I will be disappointed but I am not going to make my life miserable before it happens.

Actually, someone was incredulous that I said I would find a 7th place finish in the B1G this season to be disappointing. So, yes, someone did basically say I should be happy with a 7th place finish. This was in another thread.

Also, pointing out how Miller has not produced great results so far isn't being pessimistic about the upcoming season. Jesus, you and a few others see any criticism of the coach's results so far as doom and gloom. The very reason I would be disappointed with a 7th place finish is because I think this team is better than that. How is that pessimistic?

What I want is the team to play like a good team as it did against FSU or the first 15 minutes against Maryland at home last season more often than as a bad team like the one that played Purdue. Last year we saw that good team very infrequently and the bad one often. I want to see a team that plays closer to its potential best rather than its potential worst.

All players coached by Crean are gone and only 1 recruited by him remains. This is Miller's team through and through. They have experience. They haven't been injured this off season. The supposed causes of chemistry issues are gone. The players that might not have "bought in" to the system are gone. He has a stud in TJD. He has what was the top PG in 2021 was is still considered one of the top PG in 2020. Hunter and Franklin were both shooting well towards the end of last season and Durham is a decent shooter so they may not be as poor in that regard as last season.

So expecting a pretty good season were the team is consistent, plays hard way more often than not (which hasn't happened his first 3 years), that plays together and wins games they've lost the past few years is being pessimistic? Or is that just asking for too much and being impatient? I get confused which I'm being because you have said both about me.

I'm not expecting them to win the B1G or a national championship, but I do think they should be better than 7th in the conference and good enough to not only be easily in the NCAAT but also not be close to a double digit seed.

Edited by go_iu_bb
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I'm with you on this Scott. I don't understand how the 2021 class is a failure because the top point guard in the 2021 class enrolled in 2020.

We all do the same thing and we find the narrative that fits our point of view.  Like I said people will look through the negative side or through the positive side and will pick ut what best helps our view point.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

For last year that would be the expectations and you never no what would happen once we got into the tournament.  Did anyone really expect the 2002 team go to the sweet 16 let alone the championship game.

Bob Knight predicted it, I believe.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Apparently Creighton has a family relative of Miller according to theHoosier board 

I know the answer to this, but still don't....

If you know all along you are going to one school, I am just assuming, why post a top 2? This is becoming such a game/show.  If reporting is correct that Miller met with IU after the top 2 posting.....just doesnt make sense.  Does it do any favors to school that doesn't get the recruit?  

1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

If you know all along you are going to one school, I am just assuming, why post a top 2? This is becoming such a game/show.  If reporting is correct that Miller met with IU after the top 2 posting.....just doesnt make sense.  Does it do any favors to school that doesn't get the recruit?  

What a crazy recruitment 

3 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

He might have still been at least slightly undecided and giving the IU coaching staff a chance to change his mind. He is a teenager, after all, and teenagers change their minds. Besides, this is a big decision in his life. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 5 championships said:

So your saying making the NCAA tournament last year in year 3 wasn’t enough for you. I would consider your expectations for last years team was a but mythical or unrealistic. Not sure coach K or even the great Painter could of meet those expectations for that roster. 

We didnt make the NCAA. Wasnt played.

I watch a lot of basketball and have watched Creighton a lot and they are a fun team to watch offensively.   They are a lot like Crean teams where they will score in the 80's but gives up 80.  I can see why a kid would like to go there and be able to play fast and shoot a lot. I think a defensive coach like Archie might have a harder time to convince kids who are not defensive minded players to come

22 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I'm with you on this Scott. I don't understand how the 2021 class is a failure because the top point guard in the 2021 class enrolled in 2020.

This whole thing started because I asked why the arguments used against Crean don't apply to Archie. A 1 man class following a 4 man class leads to unbalanced classes. That was my.point. never said it was a failure just found the hypocrisy interesting 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not being sarcastic but do you really think that is a RL thing. I watched the kid for 8 years and never saw him just run to the corner. I get it level of comp etc.. I know that while at IU there was a reason he went to the corner and I think at the next level he carried that on from his 1 year at IU.  I know what you are saying and you know more about the situation than I but I don't think he was the same player after IU as before. 

You've watched Langford for far longer than I have. Most on this board probably have. All I'm saying is that I've watched him closely for two years in a row and I've seen him for two years in a row in two different situations and systems with two different coaches largely just stand in the corner on offense. 

It's not a huge sample size given the length of what a full career is, so I'll be curious to see his involvement in Boston's offense next season with a year, albeit injury shortened, under his belt. 

I've just watched him do this for two years in a row now. 

• Like 2

Seems to me that several here are deciding to be gloomy before events have even played out.  I've always lived by the mantra, "don't borrow trouble" and it seems particularly appropriate here.

Why are we so blue about events that haven't even unfolded yet?  Seems like a giant waste of time and energy to me.

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Seems to me that several here are deciding to be gloomy before events have even played out.  I've always lived by the mantra, "don't borrow trouble" and it seems particularly appropriate here.

Why are we so blue about events that haven't even unfolded yet?  Seems like a giant waste of time and energy to me.

Amen and that has been my point the whole time

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

This whole thing started because I asked why the arguments used against Crean don't apply to Archie. A 1 man class following a 4 man class leads to unbalanced classes. That was my.point. never said it was a failure just found the hypocrisy interesting 

Valid points. Not an ideal situation. I just suspect that if 20 had been a 3 player class and 21 was Duncomb and Lander, so far, the tone here may be different 

• Like 2
  • bluegrassIU changed the title to Mason Miller committed to Creighton.