Mason Miller committed to Creighton.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bryan Moss, publisher of the Memphis Rivals page, changed his FutureCast pick of Memphis to Indiana today.

I heard Kaufman and Miller won't play together.

I think the other option is Creighton, he will pick IU sooner rather than later and will have ZERO impact on Kaufman.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I’m convinced that we could lose in the title game with all Indiana kids, and this board would go full tilt. I haven’t read all the arguments, don’t need to. Doesn’t mean I don’t respect your opinions.

we are truly in different times with social media, Covid-19, etc. Each kid with an offer has a decision to make. On their own, with their families on the best fit. 

CAM finally is getting toward a total cycle of his players, recruits, etc. I’ve preached this for 2 years. I’ve seen many improved areas. Even though our schedule is nasty brutal, I can’t wait to watch!

Here is the kind of thing you see from fans on social media

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Marquez Valdes-Scantling knows he should have protected the ball better on the second play of overtime, but the Green Bay Packers receiver doesn't think he should have gotten threatening messages on social media after his fumble that set up the Indianapolis Colts' game-winning field goal on Sunday.

"Social media gives cowards the right to say whatever they want with no consequences, so I guess that's one of those things with the profession that we're in, you've got to take it for what it is, don't let it affect you," the third-year receiver said Monday. "It doesn't affect me. People can say whatever they want as long as people in this building and in my family, they all care about me, that's all that matters."

He said he tweeted Sunday night about receiving death threats to "get people to understand that we're humans, too, we're not just some number on a jersey, that we're people first." But he said he never feared for his safety.

• Like 1

A whole lot of takes on these last handful of pages and I'm also disappointed about what seems to be missing on another 21 recruit, but I was not expecting the takes of positive fans are just robots who don't question anything and the negative fans are being turned against on the board for not following the company line.

Really wish our secret Illuminati of Positive IU Fans wasn't outed. Some might say we just feel good about who is coming in this year and think Archie is slowly improving the team, but clearly we have just been typing what supreme leaders McRobbie, Dolson, and Miller tell us to post. Our secret group chats, quarterly getaways, secret shadow bannings of anyone who dare criticize our holy Archie...RUINED lol

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Marquez Valdes-Scantling knows he should have protected the ball better on the second play of overtime, but the Green Bay Packers receiver doesn't think he should have gotten threatening messages on social media after his fumble that set up the Indianapolis Colts' game-winning field goal on Sunday.

"Social media gives cowards the right to say whatever they want with no consequences, so I guess that's one of those things with the profession that we're in, you've got to take it for what it is, don't let it affect you," the third-year receiver said Monday. "It doesn't affect me. People can say whatever they want as long as people in this building and in my family, they all care about me, that's all that matters."

He said he tweeted Sunday night about receiving death threats to "get people to understand that we're humans, too, we're not just some number on a jersey, that we're people first." But he said he never feared for his safety.

People who tweet death threats at athletes would get their ass kicked by said athlete. 

people who tweet at recruits are even worse.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Coach Robby said:

People who tweet death threats at athletes would get their ass kicked by said athlete. 

people who tweet at recruits are even worse.

It is so much harder to be a fan today and it is not as fun as it use to.  What happened to the day where sports was for entertainment and helped you get away from everyay life.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That had to be people with money on the Packers

• bluegrassIU changed the title to Mason Miller committed to Creighton.

Not the end of the world. But anybody that ignores the fact we just lost two recruits,that we have spent a ton of energy, on is simply blindly optimistic.

IU worked hard on two recruits and lost them Purdue and Creighton. 

Maybe good reasons (playing time etc), but still can not be purely blown off as "oh well".

I am not down on recruiting as a whole, but these do sting a little. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I think 11 is the right amount and maybe 12 but I like seeing an 8 man rotation.  If you have 12 or 13 players you will have a lot of unhappy players.  It is not like it use to be where freshman and sophomores were willing to wait a couple years to get into the rotation.

If you bring in transfers next year then you are doing exactly that. You are pushing back opportunities of the guys you recruited. The point of having staggered classes is kids as they get older get more playing time and responsibility typically. Kids will be expecting playing time and you will be bringing in seniors to take minutes instead of underclassman who would typically be behind them. Maybe it will just be a center and that wouldn’t force someone to sit behind but bringing in wings etc could very easily not sit well with the guys here. Also asking guys to come back like Al might also upset guys like Armaan who would have to maybe share minutes another year with him. You don’t want to risk upsetting underclassman that can transfer by forcing them to sit behind guys even longer and further hinder their development. 
On top of that missing on classes might not hurt us in 21 when they would be freshman. But what happens in 23 and 24 when they would have been juniors or seniors. We won’t have those upperclassman to depend/lean on...you will have to lean on young guys who may or may not be ready to contribute. It puts a lot of pressure on those classes to be successful. I’m not worried about this year and next....coach has done recruiting to take care of those years...although might be a little light in the front court. The issue will be in 22 and 23 when their will be a gap that those 21 kids should have filled. It might be a problem that won’t manifest itself right away but it will certainly put pressure on the 22 class...otherwise you will see the swings in record because of the gap in recruits who would be aging and developing to be the go to guys. I think that is the concern by many. If next years class is strong we should be fine. A good 20 and 22 can make up for it but man next years recruiting class will be really important.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Not the end of the world. But anybody that ignores the fact we just lost two recruits,that we have spent a ton of energy, on is simply blindly optimistic.

IU worked hard on two recruits and lost them Purdue and Creighton. 

Maybe good reasons (playing time etc), but still can not be purely blown off as "oh well".

I am not down on recruiting as a whole, but these do sting a little. 

Yeah it stings for sure. But if you'd rather play for pU or Creighton than IU well I feel just as sorry for you, as I do for us. Go Hoosiers! 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If you bring in transfers next year then you are doing exactly that. You are pushing back opportunities of the guys you recruited. The point of having staggered classes is kids as they get older get more playing time and responsibility typically. Kids will be expecting playing time and you will be bringing in seniors to take minutes instead of underclassman who would typically be behind them. Maybe it will just be a center and that wouldn’t force someone to sit behind but bringing in wings etc could very easily not sit well with the guys here. Also asking guys to come back like Al might also upset guys like Armaan who would have to maybe share minutes another year with him. You don’t want to risk upsetting underclassman that can transfer by forcing them to sit behind guys even longer and further hinder their development. 
On top of that missing on classes might not hurt us in 21 when they would be freshman. But what happens in 23 and 24 when they would have been juniors or seniors. We won’t have those upperclassman to depend/lean on...you will have to lean on young guys who may or may not be ready to contribute. It puts a lot of pressure on those classes to be successful. I’m not worried about this year and next....coach has done recruiting to take care of those years...although might be a little light in the front court. The issue will be in 22 and 23 when their will be a gap that those 21 kids should have filled. It might be a problem that won’t manifest itself right away but it will certainly put pressure on the 22 class...otherwise you will see the swings in record because of the gap in recruits who would be aging and developing to be the go to guys. I think that is the concern by many. If next years class is strong we should be fine. A good 20 and 22 can make up for it but man next years recruiting class will be really important.

Like I said in another post with each player getting an extra year I think it would cover one bad recruiting cycle. Like I said next year you actually have 5 freshman since this year's freshman would be considered freshman next year as well.

As for transfers I would just bring them in to.replace TJD and Brunk.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, KDB said:

Finishing second this cycle is getting a little old.

The most baffling part of this one is losing to a school under investigation. I realize the NCAA may never crack down, but the chance alone could sway some decisions against them ... but not in this case.    Oh well. 

2 minutes ago, Bustout said:

The most baffling part of this one is losing to a school under investigation. I realize the NCAA may never crack down, but the chance alone could sway some decisions against them ... but not in this case.    Oh well. 

Most kids who are looking at getting to the NBA bad fast ad they can don't care.

• Like 1

Maybe Archie needs to just tell the kids what they want to hear.  Tell each player they can come in and shoot 20 threes a game.  Tell them that defense is optional and you will never sit on the bench. LOL!

I am wondering how not being able to get kids on campus to see a game impacted this class.  At least Muhammad has been to campus.

Just now, Bustout said:

Miller seems like a 3-4 year guy, no?  

I doubt he stays past two years.  Most kids will Lea e once they feel like they have done enough to go.  It seems like there have been players leave after a year or two when  you never would expected.  There was a freshman PG at Standford that left after one year and I bet the coaches never thought he would leave that early.  When OG and VO signed did you think they would leave early for the NBA.