Mason Miller committed to Creighton.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bryan Moss, publisher of the Memphis Rivals page, changed his FutureCast pick of Memphis to Indiana today.

I heard Kaufman and Miller won't play together.

I think the other option is Creighton, he will pick IU sooner rather than later and will have ZERO impact on Kaufman.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Andy06 said:

I love HSN.  A regular contributor puts in some work,  makes a blatant mistake,  and gets his balls busted in a brotherly way.

Truly an outstanding board.

😂...I just assumed he was screwing around like he usually does...😜

23 minutes ago, hoosierfan34 said:

TJD will go pro after this season. I know people have their own reasons why he should stay, but his plan is to start his pro career after this year. Don’t see that changing. 

A post that has Race averaging 52 mpg can also have TJD coming back and averaging 93 mpg.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

A post that has Race averaging 52 mpg can also have TJD coming back and averaging 93 mpg.

Well, TJD would likely be the best player on the team, so it's safe to assume he would lead the team in minutes.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You can never enough long, athletic, skilled players that can also shoot. There is no problem having both Miller and Kaufman, and by all indications Archie has made Kaufman his #1 priority, so I doubt he’s taking a guy ahead of him that would make him not want to come. I’m sure it’s all been discussed. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, hoosierfan34 said:

TJD will go pro after this season. I know people have their own reasons why he should stay, but his plan is to start his pro career after this year. Don’t see that changing. 

He better have a great year because he wont leave being drafted 45th or whatever the last mock said.

• Like 1

I certainly hope this rumor is true. We are in desperate need of someone with size and perimeter shooting. Having a hybrid 3/4 player is probably the missing piece to this roster since IMO we do a good job at getting quality shots around the rim, and having a guy that prevents clogging up the lane really helps that even further. 

Cant also hurt to have an out of state, top 50-75 player, who also happens to have a father with a respected name & reputation in the basketball community.

I hope that it wouldn’t take us out of the running for TK (I doubt Archie would stop recruiting him if MM committed). I feel like him and Mason are very interchangeable and TK would have a better chance at getting more PT and having the ball in his hands from day one in comparison to a UVA or UNC. 

16 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

And Juwan Morgan was lighting it up from outside in college, right? Is that the difference?

Sark is correct.  TJD would get eaten up right now in the NBA.  They would force him to use his right hand and shoot outside 10 feet.  Morgan could use either hand near the basket and shoot farther out.   I would agree TJD is a good college basketball player, but right now he has alot of things going against him to make it in the NBA if he left today.  He needs to improve those two things especially.

• Like 1

not picking sides but if you want to succeed in the NBA nowadays you need to step away from the rim and hit some 17 footers or 3 pointers.  TJD will make an improvement in this area imo.  Times are very different from when his dad played in the NBA for the Pacers.  Dale would never step foot outside of the 3 point arc

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

TJD played one pandemic-shortened college season.  Can we all let the kid develop a little before making proclamations about his NBA career? 

Back to Mason - he is just what Archie needs on this team.  Archie knows he needs shooters.  Lets get him to Bloomington. 

I will always welcome shooters at IU

• Like 2
3 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

not picking sides but if you want to succeed in the NBA nowadays you need to step away from the rim and hit some 17 footers or 3 pointers.  TJD will make an improvement in this area imo.  Times are very different from when his dad played in the NBA for the Pacers.  Dale would never step foot outside of the 3 point arc

Trivia Time.

Dale Davis ATTEMPTED (not made) how many 3 pointers in his 17 year NBA career?

A) - 0

B) - 7

C) - 12

D) - 26

E) - 114

Second Question

Dale Davis MADE (not attempted) how many 3 pointers in his 17 year NBA career?

A) - 0

B) - 1

C) - 3

D) - 8

E) - 23

Edited by 5fouls
17 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Trivia Time.

Dale Davis ATTEMPTED (not made) how many 3 pointers in his 17 year NBA career?

A) - 0

B) - 7

C) - 12

D) - 26

E) - 114

Second Question

Dale Davis MADE (not attempted) how many 3 pointers in his 17 year NBA career?

A) - 0

B) - 1

C) - 3

D) - 8

E) - 23

I would guess 0 for both

4 hours ago, Sark said:

Please. He can’t score beyond 10 feet, which is going to be a problem.

Tristan Thompson is listed as 6'9" , 238 lbs for Cleveland.  He can't shoot much, but he rebounds and plays defense.  Not everyone is asked to be a big scorer or a starter in the NBA.  But if you can learn to adapt to how they play and MAKE A ROSTER...which is the key...then you have it made.  Staying on a ROSTER is huge also...obviously.   😊 

Tristan Thompson is now listed as 254 lbs...so Trayce might be seen as needing to add muscle for the NBA. 

Edited by jv1972iu
2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Basketball reference has him 0-8 career.

Crap.  I was using Basketball Reference, but was looking at Per Game average instead of raw stats.

Ignore me.  

You have to be impressed, though, that I randomly chose the right number as an answer even though I didn't know it.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Haha 1
  • bluegrassIU changed the title to Mason Miller committed to Creighton.