7 hours ago, Sark said:

Not sure he has an NBA level game, or that he ever will have one.

You are the first on my ignore list.  Sorry mods ban my if you wish, this guy should have been gone a long time ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bryan Moss, publisher of the Memphis Rivals page, changed his FutureCast pick of Memphis to Indiana today.

I heard Kaufman and Miller won't play together.

I think the other option is Creighton, he will pick IU sooner rather than later and will have ZERO impact on Kaufman.

Posted Images

On 8/21/2020 at 6:18 PM, Sark said:

Was curious where you played and coached and which sports network employs you?

And I'll throw "or scouted" for you to post what you did below with any degree of expertise or certainty...

6 hours ago, Sark said:

Boomerang...

6 hours ago, Sark said:

Morgan had much more of a perimeter game than TJD has ever shown, yes. That’s a huge issue for the NBA, especially for a guy like TJD.

TJD has played one season(and not even a full one at that).   I'm sure he knows he has to work on his outside shot and I fully expect to see that part of his game improve.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Crap.  I was using Basketball Reference, but was looking at Per Game average instead of raw stats.

Ignore me.  

You have to be impressed, though, that I randomly chose the right number as an answer even though I didn't know it.  

Like I said yesterday... you’re good with numbers. 

Have not followed the whole what do you do for a living thread, but with your propensity for accurate ciphering, you must either be an actuary or an accountant 😀

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Like I said yesterday... you’re good with numbers. 

Have not followed the whole what do you do for a living thread, but with your propensity for accurate ciphering, you must either be an actuary or an accountant 😀

I'm a marriage counselor and I run a volunteer tax service on the side.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I warned you guys about him a long time ago and when you feed a sark they will stay and attack

Don't dip your toes into the tank Scott...

Jabberjaw.jpg

Edited by rico
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, bryan200088 said:

Sark is correct.  TJD would get eaten up right now in the NBA.  They would force him to use his right hand and shoot outside 10 feet.  Morgan could use either hand near the basket and shoot farther out.   I would agree TJD is a good college basketball player, but right now he has alot of things going against him to make it in the NBA if he left today.  He needs to improve those two things especially.

Where the heck have you been!? Good to see you around!

11 hours ago, Sark said:

They said the same thing about Bam Adebayo ... if you have the heart and work ethic given he has plenty of size and athleticism he will certainly make it. I would have bet all the money in the world Juwan Morgan would never be playing meaningful minutes in the playoffs as a rookie. He is the classic tweener...yet he is making it. To think Trayce doesn’t have the potential to do the same is very short sighted.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, bryan200088 said:

Sark is correct.  TJD would get eaten up right now in the NBA.  They would force him to use his right hand and shoot outside 10 feet.  Morgan could use either hand near the basket and shoot farther out.   I would agree TJD is a good college basketball player, but right now he has alot of things going against him to make it in the NBA if he left today.  He needs to improve those two things especially.

Sark may be correct today but to think Trayce won’t keep improving his game over time to me is just very pessimistic imo. So the second part of his post is what people are upset with. Trayce is light years ahead of many freshman bigs we have had here. Right up there with the best of them. There is more to playing in the nba then an outside shot. Running the court, defending, protecting the rim. Finishing pick n roll. Trayce has a high basketball IQ and I don’t think he is done growing as a ball player yet. I’m sure you don’t think that either...this to me is just Sark being Sark...inflaming.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Sark may be correct today but to think Trayce won’t keep improving his game over time to me is just very pessimistic imo. So the second part of his post is what people are upset with. Trayce is light years ahead of many freshman bigs we have had here. Right up there with the best of them. There is more to playing in the nba then an outside shot. Running the court, defending, protecting the rim. Finishing pick n roll. Trayce has a high basketball IQ and I don’t think he is done growing as a ball player yet. I’m sure you don’t think that either...this to me is just Sark being Sark...inflaming.

TJD is taller and more athletic (IMO) than Noah Vonleh. What happened to that guy?  I don’t remember Vonleh being a perimeter shooter either. 

TJD won’t improve his skills more by staying in college. He’d improve them substantially more by being a professional where he can work on those skills 24/7 without any college restrictions. People who think players would develop more by staying in college just don’t get it. 

Edited by hoosierfan34
  • Like 4
14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Trivia Time.

Dale Davis ATTEMPTED (not made) how many 3 pointers in his 17 year NBA career?

A) - 0

B) - 7

C) - 12

D) - 26

E) - 114

Second Question

Dale Davis MADE (not attempted) how many 3 pointers in his 17 year NBA career?

A) - 0

B) - 1

C) - 3

D) - 8

E) - 23

without looking I will guess he attempted 7 and made 1. 

Now in practice he probably threw up quite a few 3 pointers as he walked off the court from the corner and nailed every single attempt

7 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

without looking I will guess he attempted 7 and made 1. 

Now in practice he probably threw up quite a few 3 pointers as he walked off the court from the corner and nailed every single attempt

You may have seen this from continuing to read the thread, but in case you have not, the correct answers are 0 made in 8 attempts.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Sark said:

Please. He can’t score beyond 10 feet, which is going to be a problem.

21 hours ago, Sark said:

Morgan had much more of a perimeter game than TJD has ever shown, yes. That’s a huge issue for the NBA, especially for a guy like TJD.

21 hours ago, Sark said:

37 minutes ago, Sark said:

Never said he didn’t have the potential, only that I wasn’t sure he had the game for the NBA. The reactions here are really  . . . interesting. 

You asked @FKIM01 what his credentials were to assess Dakich as an "expert" on sports. Ok, asking you the same thing... What coaching/scouting/playing credentials do you have to make the assessments I cited above? Yours is an uninformed opinion meant to roil the waters. Nothing else. 

By the way, are you aware of Juwan Morgan's 3 point shooting percentage in college? It was less than 30%.

TJD didn't attempt a 3 pointer all year last season. You have no idea what his perimeter game is like. I watched full games of his high school play, and the kid has a nice stroke (if a little flat) and consistent form. 

The jury is still out, but I'm comfortable with saying that in my opinion TJD will be playing in the league someday...hopefully for a long time.

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Sark said:

As for TJD, why do you think he didn’t launch even one attempt from beyond the arch?

Maybe because he's a team player and he knew on last year's team he was most valuable posting up, and running the floor when the opportunity presented itself, not playing outside jacking up 3s to prove his NBA value? He was on the B10 All Freshman team and 3rd Team All B10 last year. 

You're statement ...

27 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Please. He can’t score beyond 10 feet, which is going to be a problem.

Is not stated as an opinion, but as a fact...one that you have no real insight on. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Sark said:

FK made the comment that a number of posters here knew more about basketball than Dakich, and it was in that context that I asked him for his credentials as a comparative to DD’s, who was an accomplished high school player, played significant minutes at the college level, coached in both the MAC and Big 10, and broadcasts for ESPN on radio and television. A more thorough read of that exchange wouldn’t have left you so information free on this topic.

As for TJD, why do you think he didn’t launch even one attempt from beyond the arch? Do you think he was saving that for his sophomore year? Was his unreliable mid range game suddenly going to improve as he moved further away from the basket? Maybe that part of his game will improve, but it’s not NBA ready today, and there’s nothing inherently wrong or inaccurate about questioning whether he can make it at the next level. Again, I watched him play last year and am not sure if you were able to, but his offensive game is almost exclusively within eight feet of the basket. That’s probably not enough for the next level. Hope that helps you understand this better.

Is TJD more like Nick Ward or Jaren Jackson?  I have no idea, frankly.  I am only using comparisons for the sake of discussion.  😊

Edited by jv1972iu

Ok, so TJD didnt shoot outside last year and needs to work on his range to make it to the next level.

Dont remember who made the comment about Vonleh not shooting much outside while at IU....he actually did and was our best outside shooter....which shows how bad the rest of the team was at it.

Now that all of that is outa the way......any news on Miller?  Another stretch big-ish would help this team alot.  We've got guys down low to make plays and rebound but things got clogged up somewhat when we had 2 in at a time.  Having a guy that can rebound and create some spacing will only help the rest of the giys on the floor.

• Like 1