On 8/28/2020 at 4:06 PM, goonaha said:

Creighton basketball is a really big deal in Omaha. It's the only big show in town essentially, aside from the CWS. Big arena that gets good attendance. Don't get the need to disparage them, it's not like they're a rival. It is possible to say that IU is a bigger fanbase and bigger program, while also respecting that Creighton has a strong fanbase themselves.

Anyways, the interest level is that Mike Miller is familiar with Alan Huss, similar to Tom Ostrom. This is a relationship driven recruitment. I doubt playing up tempo basketball in a more up tempo conference hurts their case either. IU obviously still in great shape though. 

I really feel old now...I remember the Kansas City-Omaha Kings of the NBA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bryan Moss, publisher of the Memphis Rivals page, changed his FutureCast pick of Memphis to Indiana today.

I heard Kaufman and Miller won't play together.

I think the other option is Creighton, he will pick IU sooner rather than later and will have ZERO impact on Kaufman.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Tiny Archibald was the man.

Always thought of him as a Celtic...looks like most of his all star years were with the King’s as you guys remember.  Even led the league in scoring in 72-73!  Which brings me to my concluding point....commit already mason!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

You mean the Cincinnati Royals?

Yep...original home of the Big O, Wayne Embry, Jerry Lucas, Jack Twyman, Adrian Smith, Bucky Bockhorn, Bob Boozer, Tom Hawkins, Jon McGlocklin, and eventually Tom Van Arsdale.    😊

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Yep...original home of the Big O, Wayne Embry, Jerry Lucas, Jack Twyman, Adrian Smith, Bucky Bockhorn, Bob Boozer, Tom Hawkins, Jon McGlocklin, and eventually Tom Van Arsdale.    😊

For those who may not know who Jack Twyman was, just take a minute and read his wiki page.  The story of his relationship with Maurice Stokes is inspiring...especially given the timeframe.  

Sorry!  Enough distraction.  Back to our scheduled programming...The Commitments.   😂

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

For those who may not know who Jack Twyman was, just take a minute and read his wiki page.  The story of his relationship with Maurice Stokes is inspiring...especially given the timeframe.  

Sorry!  Enough distraction.  Back to our scheduled programming...The Commitments.   😂

There was a part of ESPN's Basketball Love of the Game dedicated to the two of them for those who have ESPN+. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cybergates said:

Based on this info, I think if TK chooses us (in Nov before HS season), then MM will go elsewhere (Creighton maybe). If TK goes elsewhere, the I think MM picks us.

Sounds like his Dad maybe looking for a job..could be a package deal

Edited by HoosierJax
  • Like 1

I dont have any reason to think that we can't land both TK and MM.  Creighton may provide more immediate playing time for Miller but over a 4 year career we will have more to offer IMO. I don't think Dad has any interest in coaching  him in college. I fully believe that he wants to watch his son play every game and be Dad and his biggest supporter. Just what I have heard. Still be surprised to see this go to Dec.

• Like 2
On 9/1/2020 at 5:31 PM, rico said:

I really feel old now...I remember the Kansas City-Omaha Kings of the NBA.

Before there was a Chicago Bulls team.... there was the Chicago Staggs, who morphed into the Chicago Zephers.

And of course....living so close to Fort Wayne.  You've got to remember the Fort Wayne Pistons... before they moved to Detroit. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dont have any reason to think that we can't land both TK and MM.  Creighton may provide more immediate playing time for Miller but over a 4 year career we will have more to offer IMO. I don't think Dad has any interest in coaching  him in college. I fully believe that he wants to watch his son play every game and be Dad and his biggest supporter. Just what I have heard. Still be surprised to see this go to Dec.

Does anyone know what position people recruiting MM want him to play? I saw a recent in a recent interview with Kaufman that he mentioned everyone recruiting him wants him to play small forward so if MM is being recruited as a stretch 4 then I don’t see the issue here. 

19 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

Does anyone know what position people recruiting MM want him to play? I saw a recent in a recent interview with Kaufman that he mentioned everyone recruiting him wants him to play small forward so if MM is being recruited as a stretch 4 then I don’t see the issue here. 

They are both interchangable at the 3/4 spots for sure depending on matchups with other teams. 

20 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

I agree that they're interchangeable at 3/4, but in my previous post my thinking is that if TK commits here 1st, that MM will look elsewhere instead of having someone higher ranked that isn't expected to be a one and done in front of him limiting his mins, when he can get those mins easier somewhere else (Creighton). No inside info just my thoughts.

• Like 1