Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

Sign in to follow this  
Shapopojoe

Mason Miller

2 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Get em coach!

0E0C20E6-79DC-4B24-855F-BEC06A3B6036.png

Just a follow up, apparently out of the 4 predictions two of them flipped from Memphis to IU.

i would love to see a stretch 4 on this team in the future! 

D88643E1-09E7-4867-9D7C-0DB968DBEA57.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Just a follow up, apparently out of the 4 predictions two of them flipped from Memphis to IU.

I really like seeing Corey Evans flip...he’s pretty plugged in usually

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Miss having a stretch 4, would love to have a Christian Watford type player on our team!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GrangerHoosier said:

If Mason is a stretch 4, would he compete with Kaufman for that spot?

Not sure if Trey is more of a 3 than a 4.

I have never seen both play.  If it means anything, IU has shown the ability and desire to play 3-4 forwards at a time.  Now, if if have some stretch ones in there who are athletic they can be interchangeable.  Interesting to think about - last year they played Smith, Brunk and Trayce and each did not display the ability to consistently stretch the floor and be a threat from the perimeter.  Things change when you can.  

I think they could co-exist...play those two with Duncomb and you have inside outside combo guys..stretch the floor and then your guards can have the lane to create. 

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would think Miller and Kaufman can play together very well.

SF Miller

PF Kaufman

C Duncomb

I like the potential here. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I think they could co-exist...play those two with Duncomb and you have inside outside combo guys..stretch the floor and then your guards can have the lane to create. 

With Lander and Wesley omgggg 

• Like 2

Any 2 of Miller, Kaufman, and Patterson would be awesome for the 3 and 4 spot.  They have size and a perimeter game.  If Archie played Smith at the 3 he would definitely play of them those 3 there and it would be a massive upgrade. 

So was his dad asked to step down since his son isn’t playing for Memphis.  Or is Miller in line for a spot with us if Ostrom gets a HC gig?

11 hours ago, Southern IN Hoosier said:

Mike Miller has resigned at Memphis. 

He knows Penny can't coach.

Watch for the wheels to continue to come off at Memphis.  I'm not sure when schools will quit hiring NBA stars with no coaching track record...it's simply not a recipe for long-term success.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Miller and Kaufman could easily co-exist.  Corey Evans flipping from Memphis to IU has to be somewhat good news given how involved he is

They could not.  Trey is not a 3!!!

18 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Trey primarily plays the 4(6'8" 220 lbs), Miller can play the 3(6'7" 190 lbs).  Miller can play the 4 if we chose to play small when Kaufman is out or Race can play the 4. 

No way in my eyes will Kaufman play the 3 spot, unless he has wicked agility and quick steps for being around 220 lbs

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Trey primarily plays the 4(6'8" 220 lbs), Miller can play the 3(6'7" 190 lbs).  Miller can play the 4 if we chose to play small when Kaufman is out or Race can play the 4. 

No way in my eyes will Kaufman play the 3 spot, unless he has wicked agility and quick steps for being around 220 lbs

I would expect, haven’t seen a lot of tape, that Miller might prefer the wing. His dad played primarily out there. I think he has surpassed dads inside game, but my guess is he’ll excel on the perimeter and then be a size mismatch if they guard him small.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I would expect, haven’t seen a lot of tape, that Miller might prefer the wing. His dad played primarily out there. I think he has surpassed dads inside game, but my guess is he’ll excel on the perimeter and then be a size mismatch if they guard him small.

He’s more of an NBA 3 anyway. If that’s his goal it’s where he would probably prefer to play 

I think Miller could play at the 3 and Kaufman at the four but they could invert depending on mis-matches.  They are both versatile and highly skilled so I think they can play off each other well.  Let’s get Wesley, Miller and Kaufman to join Duncomb and call it a day.  

• Like 3

Supremely confident the coaching staff knows how these guys can play together.

Not sure other programs spend so much time fretting over how potential recruits will fit in together. Duke lands a great class every year with overlaps at positions and nobody is about to jump off a bridge worried how it will work.

• Like 3

As confident as CAM seems to be with the offers out, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have a few verbals sitting on the shelf.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Trey would play the 4 and Miller at the 3