Annual Review Series -- Armaan Franklin

This kid def showed he belonged and I liked how he looked as a FR.  I'm hoping he takes that WIS or MSU type player leap in his second season that were all too accustomed to.  He has the frame to build off of to become a force if he has the desire.  Cant wait to see what this kid can become!

Other then TJD, I believe Franklin will make the biggest jump next season because he has the physical tools to be successful on both ends of the floor. It's all about getting his shot squared away and adding experience. It's interesting the options available at guard going forward compared to last season, especially if Lander reclassifies. 

2 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

Other then TJD, I believe Franklin will make the biggest jump next season because he has the physical tools to be successful on both ends of the floor. It's all about getting his shot squared away and adding experience. It's interesting the options available at guard going forward compared to last season, especially if Lander reclassifies. 

I'm really excited about Lander for next season assuming he's able to reclassify, and I really like the potential, attitude and mindset that the other three 2020 recruits are bringing, but with all of that said, for next years team the most important things are the development of Franklin, Phinisee, Hunter and Race Thompson. IU would greatly benefit from all four of those guys playing big roles next season, and not because they have too but because they've improved so much. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I'm really excited about Lander for next season assuming he's able to reclassify, and I really like the potential, attitude and mindset that the other three 2020 recruits are bringing, but with all of that said, for next years team the most important things are the development of Franklin, Phinisee, Hunter and Race Thompson. IU would greatly benefit from all four of those guys playing big roles next season, and not because they have too but because they've improved so much. 

Agree totally with this.  It has taken time and patience but now we are seeing what RMK warned us about when CAM was first hired.

What we see slowly coming to fruition is a well designed and executed plan to bring IUBB back to national prominence and exactly what those of us who didn't accept the early petulant "fire CAM" mantra were arguing.  CAM is bringing in high quality players to fit his system and personality.  He is showing no sign of being enormored simply with * ratings.  He is demonstrating an ability to not only recognize talent but also how the pieces fit together for his system all the while having adequate class balance.  

I continue to believe CAM is demonstrating that he is the coach that RMK stated he would be.   IUBB is in good hands in my opinion and CAM continues to demonstrate that each year.

5 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

As far as the biggest jump (most improved) I think it will be Hunter. He finally started looking comfortable so this offseason he can work on expanding his game rather than rehabbing like last year.

I hope Franklin makes a big jump. I hope the whole team does.

Archived