The way to early 20-21 B1G Conference Rankings

Well I am going on the assumption that Garza will be back because he is the only one where I have seen that looks like he will be back.  the rest of them I am assuming will stay in the draft but this prediction could change if certain players come back.

1) Iowa

2) UW

3) IU

4) MSU

5) Rutgers

6) UM

7) Purdue

8) Maryland

9) OSU

10) NW

11) PSU

12) UI

13) Minnesota

14) Neb

Wisconsin 15-5

Michigan St 14-6----assumption Tillman remains in draft

Iowa 14-6----assumption Garza returns

Rutgers 13-7

Michigan 12-8----assumption Livers returns

Indiana 12-8

Ohio St 11-9----assumption Wesson remains in draft

Illinois 10-10----assumption Cockburn returns but Ayo remains in draft

Maryland 9-11

Purdue 8-12

Penn St 7-13

Northwestern 6-14

Minnesota 6-14

Nebraska 4-16

46 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Wisconsin 15-5

Michigan St 14-6----assumption Tillman remains in draft

Iowa 14-6----assumption Garza returns

Rutgers 13-7

Michigan 12-8----assumption Livers returns

Indiana 12-8

Ohio St 11-9----assumption Wesson remains in draft

Illinois 10-10----assumption Cockburn returns but Ayo remains in draft

Maryland 9-11

Purdue 8-12

Penn St 7-13

Northwestern 6-14

Minnesota 6-14

Nebraska 4-16

Would be very surprised if Purdue has a worse conference record next year than they had this year. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Would be very surprised if Purdue has a worse conference record next year than they had this year. 

I wouldn't.

Razor thin in the front court after Williams and there just isn't any proven or reliable talent. Hunter should take another jump but Purdue is going to be relying on 4 new faces who haven't seen a minute of game action for some serious contribution (Gillis, Newman, Ivey, Morton).

10 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

I wouldn't.

Razor thin in the front court after Williams and there just isn't any proven or reliable talent. Hunter should take another jump but Purdue is going to be relying on 4 new faces who haven't seen a minute of game action for some serious contribution (Gillis, Newman, Ivey, Morton).

Hunter and Williams is a good 1-2 punch then you’ve got solid guys like Eastern and Sasha. If Wheeler can get back to playing like he did 2 years ago, that’d be a welcome addition. I do think the 4 newcomers will provide some help. 

Also curious why you think IU makes a decent jump from 9-11 to 12-8 while Purdue takes a step back?

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Hunter and Williams is a good 1-2 punch then you’ve got solid guys like Eastern and Sasha. If Wheeler can get back to playing like he did 2 years ago, that’d be a welcome addition. I do think the 4 newcomers will provide some help. 

Eastern is a defensive stopper but it's like playing 5 on 4 on offense. Sasha is a good set shooter but too one-dimensional and his home/road splits are awful. Same thing with Wheeler. Decent set shooter but is severely limited skill-wise and that's a shame given his natural athleticism. Overall he's a very poor defender, has little to no inside game and I have yet to see him take a slower defender off the bounce.  

Yes Williams and Hunter are competent B10 starters, but Purdue is going to have to get a dominant Tre Williams for 25-30 minutes a night. Given his limited mobility and conditioning and tendency to foul, there are going to be plenty of nights where Purdue is going to have to rely on Dowuna and Edey for major minutes. I think that has disaster written all over it. Morton and Ivey should really push for starters minutes by the end of the year and that should set up nicely for the 2021-2022 season with the addition of Furst, but think ultimately next year is another transition year for Purdue.

4 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Eastern is a defensive stopper but it's like playing 5 on 4 on offense. Sasha is a good set shooter but too one-dimensional and his home/road splits are awful. Same thing with Wheeler. Decent set shooter but is severely limited skill-wise and that's a shame given his natural athleticism. Overall he's a very poor defender, has little to no inside game and I have yet to see him take a slower defender off the bounce.  

Yes Williams and Hunter are competent B10 starters, but Purdue is going to have to get a dominant Tre Williams for 25-30 minutes a night. Given his limited mobility and conditioning and tendency to foul, there are going to be plenty of nights where Purdue is going to have to rely on Dowuna and Edey for major minutes. I think that has disaster written all over it. Morton and Ivey should really push for starters minutes by the end of the year and that should set up nicely for the 2021-2022 season with the addition of Furst, but think ultimately next year is another transition year for Purdue.

Completely fair analysis. A lot of question marks for sure. 

23 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Also curious why you think IU makes a decent jump from 9-11 to 12-8 while Purdue takes a step back?

Just the overall ceiling of returning players. There's no one on Purdue who has the talent ceiling of TJD. Indiana loses one rotation player next year and that's Green who hurt IU as much as helped them last year. It's now Archie's turn to show what he can do with an experienced roster. 6 of IU's top 8 rotation players will all have been in the program 3+ years and the two that aren't are 5* talents. Franklin in my opinion is ahead of the curve over any of Purdue's 4 freshman expected to contribute and if all goes to plan, IU shouldn't be relying on any of the freshman sans Lander to contribute right away. Purdue HAS to have solid contributions from Gillis, Newman, Morton, and Ivey and I think that's asking a lot from guys who've yet to play a meaningful college minute. 

4 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Just the overall ceiling of returning players. There's no one on Purdue who has the talent ceiling of TJD. Indiana loses one rotation player next year and that's Green who hurt IU as much as helped them last year. It's now Archie's turn to show what he can do with an experienced roster. 6 of IU's top 8 rotation players will all have been in the program 3+ years and the two that aren't are 5* talents. Franklin in my opinion is ahead of the curve over any of Purdue's 4 freshman expected to contribute and if all goes to plan, IU shouldn't be relying on any of the freshman sans Lander to contribute right away. Purdue HAS to have solid contributions from Gillis, Newman, Morton, and Ivey and I think that's asking a lot from guys who've yet to play a meaningful college minute. 

Yeah that’s fair. 

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

IU 35-0

Wisconsin 10-10

Michigan St 10-10

Iowa 9-11

Rutgers 9-11

Ohio St 9-11

Maryland 9-11

Illinois 7-13

Penn St 7-13

Michigan 6-14

Northwestern 6-14

Minnesota 6-14

Nebraska 4-16

Montana State 2-18

Incarnate Word 1-19

Turdoo 0-28

Did you get your mathematics degree from Turdoo?

Archived