• 1 month later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Shapopojoe said:

One thing about these WV kids....If they are good enough to get to D-1, they love their hometown university....everything I have read, interviews, comments on this kid...he is going to WV...waste of time to even discuss..

I’d say if UK wants him they will be hard to beat. Cal will be selling him on the Murray, Booker, Herro success. Maybe he will but we have all seen home town unis don’t mean as much as they use to.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I actually thought what he said about  IU sounded pretty good

I tend to agree here...I didn't come away with a big lean in any direction.  I also thought the fact that he said IU is showing him how he fits and he can see himself in the role being shown is beyond positive. He also said they are recruiting him hard.  I came away more positive about IU in that article than I have on several kids we have landed and even more positive than some we have missed on.

40 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I actually thought what he said about  IU sounded pretty good

16 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I tend to agree here...I didn't come away with a big lean in any direction.  I also thought the fact that he said IU is showing him how he fits and he can see himself in the role being shown is beyond positive. He also said they are recruiting him hard.  I came away more positive about IU in that article than I have on several kids we have landed and even more positive than some we have missed on.

Guess I just felt his answer about IU sounded generic/similar to other schools/answers for the most part (since I read them in order).

Mentioned closeness/NBA in fUK answer, playing for home state in WVU answer, friend at UNC, and academics at UVA.

Even on the other schools with similar answers he mentions Coach Williams, Painter and Bennett by name with no mention of Archie. 

I just didn't see anything about IU that stood out compared to the rest of the answers. Hope I'm wrong and we lead.

14 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Guess I just felt his answer about IU sounded generic/similar to other schools/answers for the most part (since I read them in order).

Mentioned closeness/NBA in fUK answer, playing for home state in WVU answer, friend at UNC, and academics at UVA.

Even on the other schools with similar answers he mentions Coach Williams, Painter and Bennett by name with no mention of Archie. 

I just didn't see anything about IU that stood out compared to the rest of the answers. Hope I'm wrong and we lead.

Nothing wrong with differing opinions

Just a general comment I guess. I know some feel like it's all dark and rainy and cloudy in Bloomington all the time....but I would tell you besides Mr. Gunn and 1 other that I know of there are recruits that look at the early playing time given to Galloway/Leal...obviously TJD and Lander will get his eventually....as a real positive because they can trust the coach to get minutes if earned not given. 

On top of that there are certain players who want to be the guys that turn IU around. That won't go away. Recruiting is the least of my concerns right now. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general comment I guess. I know some feel like it's all dark and rainy and cloudy in Bloomington all the time....but I would tell you besides Mr. Gunn and 1 other that I know of there are recruits that look at the early playing time given to Galloway/Leal...obviously TJD and Lander will get his eventually....as a real positive because they can trust the coach to get minutes if earned not given. 

On top of that there are certain players who want to be the guys that turn IU around. That won't go away. Recruiting is the least of my concerns right now. 

When you say Gunn and one other what do you mean by that.  Is there another guy that is about ready to commit?

Archived