Isaac McKneely-from Mike-2022

gnet550

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

When you say Gunn and one other what do you mean by that.  Is there another guy that is about ready to commit?

I mean there are several who want to be the alpha dogs and be a part of bringing this thing back. Archie knows it too. Just hoping we can get to that point. We always allude to the fish bowl of IU hoops. I'll say the same thing I always say. Our fans are the best and worst part of this gig. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I mean there are several who want to be the alpha dogs and be a part of bringing this thing back. Archie knows it too. Just hoping we can get to that point. We always allude to the fish bowl of IU hoops. I'll say the same thing I always say. Our fans are the best and worst part of this gig. 

Are some of these alpha dogs out of state recruits? just curious what you can comment on this

12 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I’d guess Virginia...no insight but just a hunch. Always takes good about IU and came for a visit. Would be a big get, but I doubt it. Plus with Galloway, Leal, Armaan, 6’4” sgs would be redundant, but this kid might be a better pure shooter.

Don’t forget Stewart too. I think we could use another PG but maybe Stewart is the Al replacement with better handles 

2 hours ago, Hippopotamo said:

Don’t forget Stewart too. I think we could use another PG but maybe Stewart is the Al replacement with better handles 

Just remember these are 22 kids. Al and Rob gone. Stewart and Armaan maybe 1 year left when these 22 recruits come along. Lander good chance gone too. Lots of playing time to be had from that class. We need EVERYTHING!!! 

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Just remember these are 22 kids. Al and Rob gone. Stewart and Armaan maybe 1 year left when these 22 recruits come along. Lander good chance gone too. Lots of playing time to be had from that class. We need EVERYTHING!!! 

RP could come back for a 5th year if he wanted to

Rob, barring a complete turnaround, will go down as one of the biggest disappoints in recent IU history.

There really is no reason for his inconsistency when you consider the amount of minutes he has played since his arrival and his physical tools. A difference makers against Iowa. Punked by Rutgers and Purdue. It makes no sense.

52 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Rob, barring a complete turnaround, will go down as one of the biggest disappoints in recent IU history.

There really is no reason for his inconsistency when you consider the amount of minutes he has played since his arrival and his physical tools. A difference makers against Iowa. Punked by Rutgers and Purdue. It makes no sense.

He's also had several significant injuries during his career. I'm guessing they've played a major role in his development. 

5 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

Then your expectations for him were probably too high to begin with. It's not as though he was a 5* or even a high 4* recruit. While he was still 4*, his 247 composite rank was 135 (RSCI 120) so he was much closer to a 3* than a 5*. So to say he'd be one of the biggest disappointments is a stretch unless by recent you mean just under Miller? Even then I'd disagree.

He had the concussion and lower abdominal injuries which set him back. It's disappointing he isn't playing better/more consistent this season since he stayed healthy, but I don't agree with biggest disappointment.

Rob (while limited in his size and athleticism) biggest issues are his confidence and aggressiveness. He just doesn’t assert himself and many times isn’t ready or looking to shoot or drive. Too many games he is just going through the motion. It’s more than injuries...the kid is just bipolar on the basketball court.

Like mentioned previously Tipton does edits for commitment pictures or videos. I think at this point with several crystal ball predictions all for UVA I would say anyone but them would be surprising. But again it could be just a false notion to garner more attention. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Archived