My oh my. What a pickle we have gotten ourselves into.

milehiiu

Who doesn't love a great pickle ?

Over the years, the mile family has made many types of homemade pickles. Some we have canned. Others for nearly immediate consumption.

My all time favorite pickle is the Polish Dill.  For years, always able to find from Vlasic in our local grocery stores.  Now, impossible to find.  So... we have resorted to making them at home. My son prefers chips.  I am a slice or whole kind of guy.

Most recipe's are basically the same.  All must have dill.  Here is just one :

Polish Dill Pickles (Belveder Copycat Recipe)

Then from my most favorite on line chef....  more for different types of pickles to make at home :

Bread & Butter Pickles - How to Make Great Depression-Style Sweet Pickles 

Homemade Dill Pickles - How to Make Naturally Fermented Pickles 

If you like pickles. What are your favorites ?

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Who doesn't love a great pickle ?

Over the years, the mile family has made many types of homemade pickles. Some we have canned. Others for nearly immediate consumption.

My all time favorite pickle is the Polish Dill.  For years, always able to find from Vlasic in our local grocery stores.  Now, impossible to find.  So... we have resorted to making them at home. My son prefers chips.  I am a slice or whole kind of guy.

Most recipe's are basically the same.  All must have dill.  Here is just one :

Polish Dill Pickles (Belveder Copycat Recipe)

Then from my most favorite on line chef....  more for different types of pickles to make at home :

Bread & Butter Pickles - How to Make Great Depression-Style Sweet Pickles 

Homemade Dill Pickles - How to Make Naturally Fermented Pickles 

If you like pickles. What are your favorites ?

I loved pickles on any sandwich. I especially love some fried pickles. When we have our neighborhood fish fries, deep fried pickles, mushrooms, onion rings and shrimp are always on the menu. I can't wait for the first one of the year. 

I was not even thinking about fried pickles, when I started this thread.  Never have forgotten my introduction to fried pickles. We were visiting relatives in Missouri when they took us to a place run by a lady and her daughter. Tiny place with perhaps four tables. But oh, so good. Well anyway we were told by our relative that we HAD to try the fried pickles. My immediate thought.... was I always thought he was weird.  Then I was convinced.  But, boy was I wrong.  Oh so good. Ordered as second.  And the sauce. WOW !

They were slices.  And since then  back home and when I saw fried pickles were on the menu.... my question was.  Slices or chips ?  If they say slices... I'm all in. If they say chips, I'll more than likely pass.   Now, who's the weird one ?

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

This thread reminds me of an old Andy Griffith episode and Aunt Beas famous pickles?

How many quarts did Barney and Andy eat? But Clara ended up winning the county fair ribbon.....

The Andy Griffith Show - The Pickle Story (Clip 1) 

The Andy Griffith Show - The Pickle Story (Clip 2) 

The Andy Griffith Show -The Pickle Story 

50 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I'm not embarrassed to say I still watch Andy and the gang everyday. Funny stuff in these trying times....

Though I don't watch.  Have to agree. That at times like this. We all have got to find a way to lighten the load.

And here is clip 3 for your enjoyment :

The Andy Griffith Show - The Pickle Story (Clip 3)

2 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

OH my gawd, that episode was just on in the last couple days. I heard that line and had to set it to memory! Great find!

Had to find a way to tie your Gunsmoke  reference to pickles.  I think this one did the trick.

Thanks for being a contributing Hoosier Sports Nation member.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

Dang c virus has all in a pickle , vbg. Btw , Zaxby's is currently selling fried pickles !..Go pickle lovers , go !!!!

No Zaxby's in Colorado. But for those that do have a Zaxby's,  better hurry in. As this link says the Southern Fried Pickles, will be offered for a limited time :

zaxby's-launches-fan-favorite-fried-pickles/

Archived