General Music Thread

IUFLA

In 1979 WFBQ in Indy put out an album of local talent called Homegrown Album Project 1...I bought it (wish I still had it) but this was one of the tracks...The Bodacious Band singing "Hot Days, Cool Nights."

Edited by IUFLA

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

In 1979 WFBQ in Indy put out an album of local talent called Homegrown Album Project 1...I bought it (wish I still had it) but this was one of the tracks...The Bodacious Band singing "Hot Days, Cool Nights."

I like that.  The guy with glasses, looks like Jerry Springer.

12 hours ago, Muckraker said:

Any Rory Gallagher fans on here? 

I remember listening to some of his stuff in the late 70s. He definitely has his own sound. I'll put some on later today (love Google Play Music) when I'm working out in the barn...

A very cool rendition of the bluegrass classic "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" with the legendary Earl Scruggs leading the way. All-star cast (Vince Gill, Leon Russell, Steve Martin, Paul Schaefer, Marty Stuart)...play this the next time the cops light you up...😁

15 hours ago, Muckraker said:

Any Rory Gallagher fans on here? 

Listened to the eponymous "Rory Gallagher" and "Wheels Within Wheels" (based on Google Play suggested LPs) and enjoyed both a lot...I'll certainly be listening to more of his work...

Thanks...

On 5/17/2020 at 8:42 AM, IUFLA said:

A very cool rendition of the bluegrass classic "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" with the legendary Earl Scruggs leading the way. All-star cast (Vince Gill, Leon Russell, Steve Martin, Paul Schaefer, Marty Stuart)...play this the next time the cops light you up...😁

Nice!  Pickin' and grinnin'.

Might as well chime in on this thread. I love a lot of different styles of music and from different eras. I play the bass in our church band (play drums too).

Music I mostly listen to:

- Contemporary Praise and Worship

- Country

- 90s Punk Rock (Blink-182/etc)

- 70s-90s Rock

- 90s Boy Bands (Backstreet)

Artists I really like:

- Michael Jackson

- Brooks and Dunn

- Lynyrd Skynyrd

- Queen

- Elevation Worship