General Music Thread

IUFLA

Chicago off of the very underrated "Chicago Transit Authority" LP...

I love the whole double album...it was ground breaking for a rock band (and they were back then...not the pop ballad band they became)...guitarist Terry Kath was awesome...

"He was in a league with Jimi Hendrix - this according to no less an authority than Hendrix. After hearing the band in 1968 at the Whisky A Go-Go in Los Angeles, Hendrix told Chicago saxophone player Walter Parazaider "Your guitar player is better than me." 

The middle part of this song (horn solo) used to be an intro for old local Pacer ABA broadcasts...

• Like 2

So I'm not a big music knowledge guy. I love music but wasn't really my thing. I've been humming this song for literally two months. Couldn't find the artist. Did countless google searches of top 70's/80's billboard lists. Listened to many, many songs to find it. Finally figured out the friggin name. Second Hand News by Fleetwood Mac. Cannot tell you the relief of actually knowing the name of the song. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

So I'm not a big music knowledge guy. I love music but wasn't really my thing. I've been humming this song for literally two months. Couldn't find the artist. Did countless google searches of top 70's/80's billboard lists. Listened to many, many songs to find it. Finally figured out the friggin name. Second Hand News by Fleetwood Mac. Cannot tell you the relief of actually knowing the name of the song. 

I’ve had those moments, days, months!

Blame it on Covid, everyone else does!

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 1