General Music Thread

IUFLA

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Mile, if you like bluegrass/roots country, this is a great LP...The Nitty Gritty Dirt band put it together with a bunch of performers from the Grand Ol' Opry

If you let it play, it'll go through the whole LP...

Thanks ! My musical palate runs far and wide.  Except for opera. I love to play classical music on Sundays before church.

I have told this story on HSN before.  Had a radio station at my high school.  Was able to get out of study hall early, daily to play classical music on my afternoon show.  Played Clair De Lune every day as part of my one hour show.  Then one day. The station manager/teacher told me to stop playing it. Next day... he got a call from a guy in Chicago, wondering why I did not play Clair De Lune.  He said that was the first time he got a call from a listener.... and told me to keep playing Clair De Lune again.  LOL

CLAUDE DEBUSSY: CLAIR DE LUNE - YouTube

Edited by milehiiu

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks ! My musical palate runs far and wide.  Except for opera. I love to play classical music on Sundays before church.

I have told this story on HSN before.  Had a radio station at my high school.  Was able to get out of study hall early, daily to play classical music on my afternoon show.  Played Clair De Lune every day as part of my one hour show.  Then one day. The station manager/teacher told me to stop playing it. Next day... he got a call from a guy in Chicago, wondering why I did not play Clair De Lune.  He said that was the first time he got a call from a listener.... and told me to keep playing Clair De Lune again.  LOL

CLAUDE DEBUSSY: CLAIR DE LUNE - YouTube

Ahhh...one of my favorites, Mile!!

12 hours ago, Muddy River said:

Other new (to me) music from Bourbon and Beyond

Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats

Whiskey Meyers

Lucas Nelson (yep, Willie's boy) and the Promise of the Real.

Much to my surprise there really is some good new music out there.

A ton of great new music. If you like Nathaniel Ratliff check out J Roddy Walton and the Business. 

I like it when July 4 falls on a Saturday so that “Saturday in the Park” fits even better.  The images captured in that song are spectacular to me.  

When I was a teen, I liked more classic rock but the fallacy I had was making fun or not respecting “softer” music.  We all grow up and I realize there are different genres and it’s not good or bad, just different and depends on taste.  The scene in Tommy Boy where they sang The Carpenters captures that concept exactamundo.

I have no idea how to narrow down my favorites. I will forget a ton.  Here are some

The Beatles 

Tom Petty

Mellencamp

The Eagles 

Elton John

The Police 

Chicago 

REO

Journey

Matchbox 20

Green Day