General Music Thread

IUFLA

I was listening to XRT in the car yesterday and this song came on that had me wondering if I missed it 25 years ago because it sounded like it came straight out of the late 90s. For a minute, I thought I was driving in my old Chevy Blazer. Turned out it was a new song from Semisonic. (you know, the 'closing time' Semisonic?). Pretty decent song, but it totally hit that nostalgia button for me....thought I'd share it for the 90s kids. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I was listening to XRT in the car yesterday and this song came on that had me wondering if I missed it 25 years ago because it sounded like it came straight out of the late 90s. For a minute, I thought I was driving in my old Chevy Blazer. Turned out it was a new song from Semisonic. (you know, the 'closing time' Semisonic?). Pretty decent song, but it totally hit that nostalgia button for me....thought I'd share it for the 90s kids. 

Good song.  I really liked the video as well.  It was visually interesting.  Too many videos these days cop out on the visual and/or fail to tell a story.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

You just sent me into a 90's music spiral....down,down,down but I have all night. 

• Haha 1

@tdhoosier and I were talking about the group "Big Star" one day (I'd never heard of them until I saw there album "#1 Record" in Rolling Stones 500 Greatest Albums...And they started in 1973, so it was right at the apex of my teen years...Gave it a listen, and while it's pretty good, I can't see the "groundbreaking label RS gave it). Anyway, one of the best songs on the album was "Thirteen." @tdhoosierturned me on to a cover of it by Bedouine. So, here are both renditions of a sweet song about being a teen...Enjoy...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1