General Music Thread

IUFLA

On 11/3/2020 at 8:11 PM, 5fouls said:

The news about Colonial Crester has put me in a reflective mood.  I lost my dad way too soon many years ago (he was 45).  This was his favorite gospel song and we played it at his funeral (not the Alan Jackson version though).

I lost my dad at 45 too. I was 21.  And he lost his trucking partner at 45. Not going to lie, turning 45 worries me a bit. But I still am 10 years away from that. 

My dad and Ronnie's favorite song

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

Anybody have songs they dislike? The station I listen to plays a wide span of music, but lately they seem to have fallen in love with Lewis Capaldi. I have to shut it down, to me he’s like listening to Ben Stein teach economics in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off!

Always hated this song with passion...

6 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Anybody have songs they dislike? The station I listen to plays a wide span of music, but lately they seem to have fallen in love with Lewis Capaldi. I have to shut it down, to me he’s like listening to Ben Stein teach economics in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Drroogh said:

If I could turn back time.......I would take steps to ensure this song was never recorded.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Not just songs but an entire genre. I came of age in the Disco Era. God, I hated all of it. I had my first serious love with a gal who, while I was interested in most anything but disco, her favorite band was the Beegees🤮

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Yes. I hope I never hear this song again.  Probably the most overplayed song in human history.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 10:44 AM, Drroogh said:

I won’t even link to it, I hate it so much. Jefferson Starship - We Built This City (on Rock and Roll). So lame it makes me embarrassed for them.