General Music Thread

IUFLA

On 11/18/2020 at 5:50 PM, Lostin76 said:

I don’t know how it happened, but it does happen. I stumbled onto a Kelly Willis YouTube video of “Harper Valley PTA” and I’ve been a bit obsessed with it lately. I recall her from the early 90s and loved her “That’ll be Me,” “Heaven’s Just a Sin Away,” and others, I think that’s where it started. 

But I just love her confidence and spunk on this song while her band mates kind of groove along and then react to her as the song progresses. She’s just cool. 

I cant stand the original version, but this really good!

While looking for "I'm a Man", I ran across this version.  I saw these guys in the Old Fieldhouse (dirt floor, SRO) as CTA.  When Terry Kath was alive and Robert Lamb had testosterone ... the band was still relevant.

Another group that was just great early on ... Duane A and Dickie B were just monstesr playing on the same stage.

Go Hoosiers!

Edited by snowling
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, snowling said:

While looking for "I'm a Man", I ran across this version.  I saw these guys in the Old Fieldhouse (dirt floor, SRO) as CTA.  When Terry Kath was alive and Robert Lamb had testosterone ... the band was still relevant.

Another group that was just great early on ... Duane A and Dickie B were just monstesr playing on the same stage.

Go Hoosiers!

Just yesterday at the restaurant they were playing I’m a Man.

Also, true story at least according to my neighbor. The girl I bought my house from was friends with the Allman Brothers and whenever they were in the area they would park their 3 buses in the yard. That is until one night she came outside yelling and then fired off a few rounds from her pistol. Soon after the buses left and they never came back?

• Like 1

Long guitar intro here by Nancy Wilson on Crazy on You. If you want to skip to like 1:45, it’s where she settles in to the intro. Then at about 2:15, she crouches down and just goes off on the main riff. Love this. 

Also, all this Tom Petty talk made me break out Damn the Torpedoes for a listen. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

A couple from one of my favorite singer/songwriters...Gone way too soon...Simple music is so good...

And anyone that grew up in the 70s remembers "Midnight Special." Watched it every Friday night...

Absolutely one of my favorites. Takes me back to my childhood listening to my Dad’s records over and over again. 

38 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

A couple from one of my favorite singer/songwriters...Gone way too soon...Simple music is so good...

And anyone that grew up in the 70s remembers "Midnight Special." Watched it every Friday night...

We had him in concert at college a couple of weeks before he was taken to soon. Had to have been one of his last concerts,

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 1:07 AM, mrflynn03 said:

Best Rock album of all time is probably the Rolling Stones, Exile on Main Street.  My favorite song 

3 Stones songs on 3 different LPs...first a favorite from @mrflynn03 aforementioned "Exile on Main Street"

A more "country" rendition of "Honky Tonk Blues" called "Country Honk" off of "Let it Bleed" (which is my personal Stones favorite LP)

And "Prodigal Son" off of Beggars Banquet." Keith Richards showing off his acoustic skills...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

Does everyone know what today is?

That's right, it's the day after Thanksgiving.

And, that means, it's time for Fouls' countdown to Christmas music.  One Christmas song a day until December 25th.  

But it won't necessarily be the Christmas classics.  We have little known and some off teh wall songs to share as well.

Hold your excitement.

• Haha 1

The first song is one you don't want to play in front of Grandma and talk about how much you love it.  If you haven't heard it or or didn't listen to the words if you did, now is your chance.

Lady Gaga has a very unique Christmas gift idea.

Lady Gaga - Christmas Tree (Official Video) - YouTube

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The first song is one you don't want to play in front of Grandma and talk about how much you love it.  If you haven't heard it or or didn't listen to the words if you did, now is your chance.

Lady Gaga has a very unique Christmas gift idea.

Lady Gaga - Christmas Tree (Official Video) - YouTube

She did a great rendition of Baby It's Cold Outside with Tony Bennett.

• Like 1

Well Fouls reminded me I need to get around to buying a new Christmas tree. We can’t have real trees because my wife is allergic to them (dang it). Have had the same huge Xmas tree for the last ten years, but it has lost too many (fake) pine needles.

Now I will have the misfortune of thinking of Fouls every Christmas Day while looking at a new fake tree....

6 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Well Fouls reminded me I need to get around to buying a new Christmas tree. We can’t have real trees because my wife is allergic to them (dang it). Have had the same huge Xmas tree for the last ten years, but it has lost too many (fake) pine needles.

Now I will have the misfortune of thinking of Fouls every Christmas Day while looking at a new fake tree....

It's the gift that keeps On giving - Cousin Eddie's Christmas Dickie of  Enlightenment | Meme Generator

• Haha 1