General Music Thread

IUFLA

35 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I actually just saw that they are doing a stadium tour with Def Leppard and Poison. 

People can say what they like about 80’s music but those groups had some technically skilled musicians. 

Sounds like it's going to be nothing but a good time!

I've seen Def Leppard a few times live but they never played my favorite song of theirs "Wasted"...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I actually just saw that they are doing a stadium tour with Def Leppard and Poison. 

People can say what they like about 80’s music but those groups had some technically skilled musicians. 

Wow. Didn't know they were doing a stadium tour. Just looked it up and no Indy for whatever reason. Looks like Cincy or Chicago for us. No way I could miss this one. Depending on my mood for the day....Crue or Poison greatest hits gets played in the earbuds while on Monon weekly. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since we spoke about The Beach Boys a few weeks ago I saw the movie Love and Mercy w/ John Cusak. I didn't even know it existed. I thought it was great but my wife didn't like it - the movie assumes you have some preliminary background knowledge about the Beach Boys, which she didn't.  Recommended if you are a fan of Brian Wilson. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2021 at 9:25 AM, Seeking6 said:

Wow. Didn't know they were doing a stadium tour. Just looked it up and no Indy for whatever reason. Looks like Cincy or Chicago for us. No way I could miss this one. Depending on my mood for the day....Crue or Poison greatest hits gets played in the earbuds while on Monon weekly. 

Saw Def Leppard in St Louis October, 1989 with LA Guns...I'd just escaped Greenland and our neighbors took us as a welcome home gift...

They were great neighbors ;) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Saw Def Leppard in St Louis October, 1989 with LA Guns...I'd just escaped Greenland and our neighbors took us as a welcome home gift...

They were great neighbors ;) 

Saw that tour in Iowa City when used to sneak Def Leppard in before dropping the curtains when they started. Awesome show indeed!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

A new director's cut of this infamous performance. It still doesn't solve the mystery of what happened to Prince's guitar when he threw it up in the air.

We'll have to continue to believe that it just vanished. 

This is one of my favorite Youtube videos to rewatch again and again. Kind of like the Merry Clayton voice track of Gimme Shelter that I watch about 2-3 times a year. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

This is one of my favorite Youtube videos to rewatch again and again. Kind of like the Merry Clayton voice track of Gimme Shelter that I watch about 2-3 times a year. 

I always liked the story behind Great Gig in the Sky. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...