General Music Thread

IUFLA

7 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Any Simon and Garfunkel fans?

i don’t listen to them much any more but their music still resonates. Mrs Robinson, Hazy Shade of Winter, The Boxer ...

More Simon than Garfinkel...But together they did make some nice music...

Paul Simon's "Graceland" is a great LP...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I love these guys. The reactions to ‘Killing In The Name Of’ was great. 

Yeah, I'm a big fan of George and Ryan. Glad I'm not the only one. Love their Tool ones and the time they finally listened to Master of Puppets after starting with the newer stuff from Metallica.

9 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

i don’t listen to them much any more but their music still resonates. Mrs Robinson, Hazy Shade of Winter, The Boxer ...

Old Friends...Bookends.     "Time it was, and what a time it was, it was,

A time of innocence, a time of confidences.  Long ago it must be, I have a photograph, preserve your memories, they're all that's left you."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Old Friends...Bookends.     "Time it was, and what a time it was, it was,

A time of innocence, a time of confidences.  Long ago it must be, I have a photograph, preserve your memories, they're all that's left you."

I have always loved that song :

Simon & Garfunkel - Old Friends / Bookends (from The Concert in Central Park)

And why not.  Some old time Beatles tunes :

Lovely Rita 

When I'm Sixty Four 

15 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I love Simon and Garfunkel. It's funny, one of my staff - with the very common last name of Simon - after like two years of working together mentioned that "Uncle Paul and Aunt Edie" sent her a special birthday greeting message. She played it for me from our phone and I was like, "Wait, Uncle Paul is Paul Simon and Aunt Edie is Edie Brickell?"

Yup, blew my mind.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I love Simon and Garfunkel. It's funny, one of my staff - with the very common last name of Simon - after like two years of working together mentioned that "Uncle Paul and Aunt Edie" sent her a special birthday greeting message. She played it for me from our phone and I was like, "Wait, Uncle Paul is Paul Simon and Aunt Edie is Edie Brickell?"

Yup, blew my mind.

Wow - that's wild. I remember when Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians had their hit in the 80's, what I am, and sometime later she got hitched to PS. For your staff to be a nephew, that's seriously wild. Maybe you should suggest your staffer would do well to invite you over to their house sometime. 😁

Gary Allen, one of my favorites.  I could fill 2+ pages with his work. But I will stick with 2 songs. I bought a Fender Telecaster and a Vox amp because of this guy. Also have an Alvarez acoustic guitar.  I taught myself mostly and am a serviceable rythm player, the 3 main cords and some minors but man, Fminor is frickin hard to manipulate. I hope to one day be able to shred a solo. 

Edited by mrflynn03

On 8/9/2020 at 11:49 PM, Hoosierhoopster said:

Yes. Love Mrs. Robinson.

Sounds of silence.  From Simon and Garfunkel originally.

Heavy metal band Disturbed, one that I like,  tried to remake this song. Failed miserably.  LOL!!

• Like 1