General Music Thread

IUFLA

15 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

6 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Bomb ass song. 

My dad gave me the double disc of monsters of rock album. 

Might be the most powerful pairing of song and video in history (for those who live it at least)..  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2020 at 1:29 PM, Lostin76 said:

Yep, @tdhoosierwas the one who turned me onto Khruangbin on here and now I have two of their albums on vinyl. 🤠

@tdhoosier The wife got us tickets to see Khruangbin tonight at Radio City Music Hall! Pretty jazzed. I think I can fit the IU game in between end of work and before heading into the concert. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Yes! Don't be this obvious though. Sneak it. 

200 (2).gif

I think the only concert that I’ve ever been to that smelled more like weed was Rhianna. I guess NYC is officially back.

But DAMN, these three just blew everyone away last night. You don’t expect a trio to come out with that much power. 

In the middle of their set, they started doing a mash up of popular songs - Bennie and the Jets, Allman Brothers, ZZ Top, and then they veered into a 90s hip hop mash up with Warren G and Snoop Dogg.

I’ve seen a LOT of concerts, but these guys were up there in the top tier. I thought all of the guitar would be a bit much for my wife, but she was also blown away by them.  

@IUFLA they are a Houston band, FYI. 

3208991D-B73C-490A-B8AE-DD6A09AA3BAC.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I think the only concert that I’ve ever been to that smelled more like weed was Rhianna. I guess NYC is officially back.

But DAMN, these three just blew everyone away last night. You don’t expect a trio to come out with that much power. 

In the middle of their set, they started doing a mash up of popular songs - Bennie and the Jets, Allman Brothers, ZZ Top, and then they veered into a 90s hip hop mash up with Warren G and Snoop Dogg.

I’ve seen a LOT of concerts, but these guys were up there in the top tier. I thought all of the guitar would be a bit much for my wife, but she was also blown away by them.  

@IUFLA they are a Houston band, FYI. 

3208991D-B73C-490A-B8AE-DD6A09AA3BAC.jpeg

That sounds amazing. I keep on missing them every time they come through Chicago. I can’t believe that they have gotten big enough to play 2 shows at RCMH. 

For now, I’ll just have to settle on their concert on YouTube. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

That sounds amazing. I keep on missing them every time they come through Chicago. I can’t believe that they have gotten big enough to play 2 shows at RCMH. 

For now, I’ll just have to settle on their concert on YouTube. 

I had never seen a concert video of them, just their NPR Tiny Desk concert. I thought it was going to be kind of groovy and chill. Instead they blew our faces off and we were up in the mezzanine. 

Definitely catch them if you have the chance!

42 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I had never seen a concert video of them, just their NPR Tiny Desk concert. I thought it was going to be kind of groovy and chill. Instead they blew our faces off and we were up in the mezzanine. 

Definitely catch them if you have the chance!

This is the concert I throw up on the TV and drink a cocktail to. Pretty decent picture quality on a bigger screen too. 

Edit: why does the bass player intimidate me so much? If I ever met her in real life, I think I'd open up my mouth and a jumble of non-coherent words would spill out. She's so cool and so confident up there. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

This is the concert I throw up on the TV and drink a cocktail to. Pretty decent picture quality on a bigger screen too. 

Edit: why does the bass player intimidate me so much? If I ever met her in real life, I think I'd open up my mouth and a jumble of non-coherent words would spill out. She's so cool and so confident up there. 

She is definitely a cool customer. I think I was most impressed with the drummer though. Small kit, nothing flashy, but man he was laying down the most consistent and driving groove. 

On 3/9/2022 at 12:23 PM, 5fouls said:

Heard this one this morning.  Carload of People Approved.  These guys were unbelievably talented, but so very dysfunctional.  Could have been one of the all-time great bands if they weren't.

Always loved this one from them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Awesome.  Should have been Lars!

How do I buy it? Just order it?

I’ve never ordered from them, but they are a legit company selling music stuff here locally. My wife would kill me if I bought this and tried to put it in our living room, which is also my music room. Do it!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I’ve never ordered from them, but they are a legit company selling music stuff here locally. My wife would kill me if I bought this and tried to put it in our living room, which is also my music room. Do it!!

I probably will. 

She's coming around on Metal. 

• Like 1