General Music Thread

IUFLA

Last week Eminem released Curtain Call 2 a greatest hits project. These 2 were not on the album but the songs Castle and Arose go together.

Castle is about letters that he would write to his daughter Hallie and his drug abuse and ends with his overdose the day before Christmas and Arose picks up with him in the hospital dying.  

https://youtu.be/-E0KIOEStSY

Heard a Mellencamp song on the way into work today.  The idea popped into my head to do a '30 Days of Mellencamp' thing in this thread.  I'll post a different video every day for the next 30 days.  Yeah, it would have made sense to wait and start on 9/1, but I've never done anything that made sense.  This isn't the one I hear this morning, but is my all-time favorite from John.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Hear a Mellencamp song on the way into work today.  The idea popped into my head to do a '30 Days of Mellencamp' thing in this thread.  I'll post a different video every day for the next 30 days.  Yeah, it would have made sense to wait and start on 9/1, but I've never done anything that made sense.  This isn't the one I hear this morning, but is my all-time favorite from John.  

That was kinda our theme song the year I was in Greenland....

"Just to tell our souls we're still the young lions" 

• Like 1

30 Days of Mellencamp:  Day 3.

Doing this one early as I've got some things going on after work tonight.

John is known for writing songs with a strong social message. He takes it up a significant notch with this track from his 2017 album Sad Clowns & Hillbillies.

• Like 1

30m Days of Mellencamp:  Day 4

Mellencamp had some singles chart before this one, including Hurts So Good from the same American Fool album.  But, I always thought Jack & Diane was the song that truly signified what was to come in his career.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

Sunday Conversation: John Mellencamp On Songwriting, Springsteen And Why He Is ‘The Luckiest Man’

And like I wrote a song called "Jack & Diane." And I always detested that song until the last couple, three years. I watched a football game this past weekend, and 80,000 people were singing that song at half time. Can you imagine? I thought, "S**t." I said, "How do all these f**king people know this song?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

30 Days of Mellencamp:  Day 7.

No formal video with this one.  But, you should have known that I would pick the song with the lyrics "I've been married two-dozen times".  From the Mr. Happy Go Lucky album, this is 'The Full Catastrophe'

My favorite Mellencamp album. Different sound, still great lyrics, and an excellent flow. Every song is a good one... 

• Like 1