Tayven Jackson

KDB

• 10 months later...

No surprise here and I wouldn't look much into it. Kid wants to get away and do his own thing. No problem there plus we have our QB not only next year but for years to come with Donaven McCulley. I know we'll recruit the position but our next big recruiting splash at the qb position won't come until at least 2023 class.

Oh well. Sounds like we have a good shot with Chad Mascoe who is similarly rated. Actually a few spots higher. Not enough to be meaningful, just saying they're similarly ranked.

If it comes down to two guys who are ranked the same, give me the Florida kid, unless the Indiana kid really bleeds IU. Florida competition makes a lot of those kids better than their ranking (or maybe they're not ranked as high because they play against such good competition).

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No surprise here and I wouldn't look much into it. Kid wants to get away and do his own thing. No problem there plus we have our QB not only next year but for years to come with Donaven McCulley. I know we'll recruit the position but our next big recruiting splash at the qb position won't come until at least 2023 class.

I know a lot of us talked before McCulley committed that either him or Allen would be perfect timing. Wouldn't surprise me either if it's the 2023 class when we get another big QB prospect. 

2 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Oh well. Sounds like we have a good shot with Chad Mascoe who is similarly rated. Actually a few spots higher. Not enough to be meaningful, just saying they're similarly ranked.

If it comes down to two guys who are ranked the same, give me the Florida kid, unless the Indiana kid really bleeds IU. Florida competition makes a lot of those kids better than their ranking (or maybe they're not ranked as high because they play against such good competition).

All day long. Would love our continued pipeline from Florida to the 812.

14 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I was told (not a direct source) a couple of months ago to expect that he would likely be going out of state...quite possibly way far away.  

I think Tayven is a good kid. I would be weary as his parent to allow him to go to UCLA or AZ ST... there could be A LOTTTTTT of outside influences there. 🤷‍♂️

Archived