2020 College Basketball Off-Season

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BDB said:

i assume there was alot going on there.  With his level of play, his mental issues and stepping away from the program to whatever happens behind closed doors with coaches and players.  Likely we won't know, but he should have left with dignity and proved everyone wrong at his new place.  Now he just looks immature and petty.  And to be honest, he should have picked IU or Iowa in my opinion

2 hours ago, BDB said:

Seems odd.  He was killing it right out of the box.  Unless Holtman thought his head case was going to continue to cause problems going forward, I don't get turning away that level of talent.

As an aside, I feel like a curmudgeon reading that and recoiling at the syntax, but I can't help it...a little slang is fine, but that just reads almost like another language.

21 hours ago, BDB said:

Starters minutes and now no room? Just wish some of these kids or those around them didn't see the need to post every thought or action on social media. It can backfire in the world of public PR.

And Nojel Eastern is opening things back up again. Cited credits didn't transfer because of his major. Not sure what he studies but I have a hard time believing credits and Purdue couldn't figure their way into Ann Arbor. I'll go back to my original guess. Depaul. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And Nojel Eastern is opening things back up again. Cited credits didn't transfer because of his major. Not sure what he studies but I have a hard time believing credits and Purdue couldn't figure their way into Ann Arbor. I'll go back to my original guess. Depaul. 

And the saga continues. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I also will go with my original guess either McDonald's or Speedway gas station 

Who quits their school before checking on their transfer credits? What team accepts a transfer without checking first to see if they can get enrolled? B10 teams aren't that dumb. Michigan would make it work if they wanted him. They bring in functionally illiterate kids all the time to play sports there. I'm sensing there's more to the story here. The kid can't pass the ball well or tell a good story.   

7 minutes ago, Wayward1 said:

Who quits their school before checking on their transfer credits? What team accepts a transfer without checking first to see if they can get enrolled? B10 teams aren't that dumb. Michigan would make it work if they wanted him. They bring in functionally illiterate kids all the time to play sports there. I'm sensing there's more to the story here. The kid can't pass the ball well or tell a good story.   

Oh there’s absolutely more to the story here haha. 

9 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Oh there’s absolutely more to the story here haha. 

Joking and kidding aside....Purdue and all. This kid just hasn't had it right for a few years. I know we joke around about several things,etc....but I hate when I see someone just getting jerked around by others. I almost find myself hoping Nojel finds a good spot and flourishes now. 

20 minutes ago, Wayward1 said:

To be fair, Michigan never officially accepted the transfer.

I find it super fishy that he is claiming his credits wouldn't transfer when he was majoring in something pretty general like sales management at Purdue

1 minute ago, PritchardPutBack said:

To be fair, Michigan never officially accepted the transfer.

I find it super fishy that he is claiming his credits wouldn't transfer when he was majoring in something pretty general like sales management at Purdue

Where's Paul Harvey when we need him

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

So what's the story among Purdue fans?  I don't think Michigan ever wanted him, but that's just my guess.

I think he made a rash decision without really thinking it out and it was heavily influenced by his mom. I do think Michigan wanted him but only if he was immediately eligible. Didn’t want him to tie up a scholarship for 2 years. Just a weird situation all around honestly. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think he made a rash decision without really thinking it out and it was heavily influenced by his mom. I do think Michigan wanted him but only if he was immediately eligible. Didn’t want him to tie up a scholarship for 2 years. Just a weird situation all around honestly. 

So have they ruled on eligibility for him yet?  I agree...weird to say the least.  I'd pass simply because of the helicopter mom.  A good defender with a broken shot isn't worth her drama.

Archived