2020 College Basketball Off-Season

37 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Neat.  Have traveled on high speed boats to Cozemel and back to Cancun.  Cozemel is a really neat little island.  My son has traveled there to do what is considered to be some of the best deep sea diving in the world.

Cozumel was another port we stopped at as well as Key West

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Cozumel was another port we stopped at as well as Key West

Cool. I loved how the ship pulls up to the dock. Get off... and right across the street is the town center. Walk the center. Get something to eat. Hop on a bus to tour the island. Get off on the dock. And jump on the ship again.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Cool. I loved how the ship pulls up to the dock. Get off... and right across the street is the town center. Walk the center. Get something to eat. Hop on a bus to tour the island. Get off on the dock. And jump on the ship again.

The only thing is that you never have that much time at each port

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Been to Cancun. Multiple times. Have walked the beach on Christmas Eve.  And opened up Christmas gifts on the beach on Christmas day. The water is beautiful.

Yes it is curious about the move, considering this report, from just a couple of days ago :

Cancun Reopened for Tourism — Here's What It Was Really Like to Visit | Travel + Leisure | Travel + Leisure

Took the family to Cancun 3 years ago. Lying on big beds in the beach looking at stars was one of the best memories ever. Riding with Ayden on a jet ski in the gulf was pretty special as well. Of course and the food and alcohol you could consume. 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Took the family to Cancun 3 years ago. Lying on big beds in the beach looking at stars was one of the best memories ever. Riding with Ayden on a jet ski in the gulf was pretty special as well. Of course and the food and alcohol you could consume. 

I know we are getting off topic here.  Hotel recommended a restaurant on the bay side on the way to the airport. Owner's son came over to check on us.  Not the best English speaker. But insisted on us trying their "Soap".  We all looked like that was a strange request.  But we all agreed to order his "Soap" .  Some of the best SOUP I have ever had !

Just now, milehiiu said:

I know we are getting off topic here.  Hotel recommended a restaurant on the bay side on the way to the airport. Owner's son came over to check on us.  Not the best English speaker. But insisted on us trying their "Soap".  We all looked like that was a strange request.  But we all agreed to order his "Soap" .  Some of the best SOUP I have ever had !

Would not be HSN if we stayed on topic

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Would not be HSN if we stayed on topic

Agreed.  Part of what makes Hoosier Sports Nation GREAT.  And thank goodness our great moderators don't shut things down when things go off topic.  Just don't talk politics.

LOL

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29482359/isaiah-livers-returning-michigan-senior-season

Looks like UM got some good news today with Livers coming back.  Should be hearing more news on kids coming back in the next few weeks.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/29481600/atlantic-10-conference-postpones-fall-sports-shift-spring

A10 postponing fall sports

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/29468590/some-not-all-coaches-share-colleges-burden-amid-coronavirus-pandemic

Lokks like some of the higher paying coaches are not taking pay cuts

On 7/17/2020 at 4:24 PM, milehiiu said:

My wife and I honeymooned in key west after getting married down here. We spent several days and saw the ships. It was neat. We found the best food on the island was from the several food trucks! Amazing shrimp/fish tacos amongst other tasty street food. I will say...Key West is not really what I would call a family friendly vacation from our experience. The same shops and square you dock to and shop during the day at night turns into basically a gay parade every evening and it was almost impossible to eat at any of the many bars without a drag show. It’s just a night and day difference literally. We still had a fabulous time but it wasn’t a place I’d vacation with kids or honestly even with my wife. Snorkeling was amazing but basically no beaches and after about two days we’d traveled the whole island on our scooter lol. So a day trip off the boat is all I could honestly endorse.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

My wife and I honeymooned in key west after getting married down here. We spent several days and saw the ships. It was neat. We found the best food on the island was from the several food trucks! Amazing shrimp/fish tacos amongst other tasty street food. I will say...Key West is not really what I would call a family friendly vacation from our experience. The same shops and square you dock to and shop during the day at night turns into basically a gay parade every evening and it was almost impossible to eat at any of the many bars without a drag show. It’s just a night and day difference literally. We still had a fabulous time but it wasn’t a place I’d vacation with kids or honestly even with my wife. Snorkeling was amazing but basically no beaches and after about two days we’d traveled the whole island on our scooter lol. So a day trip off the boat is all I could honestly endorse.

The Keys aren't for everyone. Personally it's heaven to me but if looking for miles of sandy beaches and kid rides I'd say head about 9 hours north. Next time down I suggest A&B Lobster House. Right in the marina. Awesome food and scenery. That's the part about KW I love. You could have a guy pull up in his little boat parked next to a guy with a $4M yacht both sharing a beer together in flip flops and tshirt/shorts. So laid back. Slice of heaven to me.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

The Keys aren't for everyone. Personally it's heaven to me but if looking for miles of sandy beaches and kid rides I'd say head about 9 hours north. Next time down I suggest A&B Lobster House. Right in the marina. Awesome food and scenery. That's the part about KW I love. You could have a guy pull up in his little boat parked next to a guy with a $4M yacht both sharing a beer together in flip flops and tshirt/shorts. So laid back. Slice of heaven to me.

Yeah I live in Estero and work in Naples. Boat with our family and friends and some incredible places to eat. Many right on the water that you do that. Lots of hole in the wall dives with seafood and eats that is out of this world and yes tons of beautiful beaches. It can be expensive living down here but the trade off is worth it to me. Especially since we had our daughter and we couldn’t convince my wife’s parents to move back north. 

What’s great is because it’s basically paradise we have transplants and snow birds from all over the world. Europe, the islands, Canada, Chicago, Boston, New York and they bring their food with them. Just amazing restaurants one after another with authentic cuisine...you could eat out for 20 years and never eat same twice if you chose to. Not sure how I’ve managed to keep the weight off...maybe I sweat it off lol.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yeah I live in Estero and work in Naples. Boat with our family and friends and some incredible places to eat. Many right on the water that you do that. Lots of hole in the wall dives with seafood and eats that is out of this world and yes tons of beautiful beaches. It can be expensive living down here but the trade off is worth it to me. Especially since we had our daughter and we couldn’t convince my wife’s parents to move back north. 

What’s great is because it’s basically paradise we have transplants and snow birds from all over the world. Europe, the islands, Canada, Chicago, Boston, New York and they bring their food with them. Just amazing restaurants one after another with authentic cuisine...you could eat out for 20 years and never eat same twice if you chose to. Not sure how I’ve managed to keep the weight off...maybe I sweat it off lol.

Have a piece of a place in Lely Resort. Know the area well. Absolutely love South Florida....and everything that comes with it. 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

This should be good...

😂😂😂...that was my first thought as well.  This is going to be fun to watch, but if we are serious about getting rid of racists, Adolph Rupp was a huge racist.

Things should start picking up this week with early entrants deciding to stay in draft or go back to school. I've heard some whispers on a few. 

Each situation is unique with different circumstances but I'll say this again. Typically I want fringe kids to go back to college but this year is unlike anything we've ever witnessed or will witness. I'd actually tell kids to stick it out, play G league or find a team overseas. College campuses full of 40-50,000 kids playing in front of empty arenas while earning nothing vs professional controlled environment earning $? More upside this year in going pro. 

Archived