2020 College Basketball Off-Season

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

$9,600 plus paid to his guardian. I suspect more dirt is coming out in the next few days... as to the reason he has "opted out". On the other hand... he said he "opted out" due to family reasons.  Suspect they all are related.

How Self still has a job is beyond me. While he was much more personable then Calipari when I saw him at a HS tournament in Kentucky they both are equally sleezy.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just saw that Harvard is not going to play basketball this year.  Also a couple of other Ivy League teams are thinking of not playing so the league play might be in jeopardy.

We have 2 spots available correct? If there is a lights out 3 pt shooter in the league maybe someone should send them a DM lol. Instant transfer.

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Arizona got a NOA from the NCAA

Anymore those 3 letters from the 4 letter organization would send programs back for years w/recruiting. Just doesn't carry any weight or concern to me any longer. Until the NCAA actually cracks a skull or 4 with some of these programs there is no deterrent from cheating or going far into the gray area.

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Indy has emerged as top early favorite to host both Champions of Classic and the Jimmy V Classic per Jon Rothstein

I saw where all the events in Orlando has been cancelled but have not heard why.  I amsure it has to do with the pandemic but what has changed in the last few weeks for them to cancel.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I saw where all the events in Orlando has been cancelled but have not heard why.  I amsure it has to do with the pandemic but what has changed in the last few weeks for them to cancel.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-tournaments-and-events-in-orlando-nba-like-bubble-canceled-in-covid-19-protocol-spat/

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

To me for just this year they should just cancel all of these early season tournaments.  I liked my idea of having a bubble for teams in a regional area and just play a round robin.  Like in Indiana IU and PU coud host a 4 team bubble.

IU Bubble- IU, Butler, IUPUI, Evansville

PU Bubble- PU, ND, Ball St. Valpo

Since we have can only play 7 non conference games I would rather just play games like this.  I wouldn't have the ACC/Big Ten challenge or the gavit game or the Cross Roads classic.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me for just this year they should just cancel all of these early season tournaments.  I liked my idea of having a bubble for teams in a regional area and just play a round robin.  Like in Indiana IU and PU coud host a 4 team bubble.

Since we have can only play 7 non conference games I would rather just play games like this.  I wouldn't have the ACC/Big Ten challenge or the gavit game or the Cross Roads classic.

Wait, you liked your idea? 

Shocked GIF - Shocked WillSmith FreshPrinceOfBelair - Discover & Share GIFs  | Will smith, Will smith gif, Prince of bel air

All kidding aside, I agree with you that regional bubbles would be a good idea as a replacement for preseason tournaments

On 10/20/2020 at 3:44 PM, Indy1987 said:

Too bad he's not transferring until after he graduates in the Spring.   Would have loved to have had him this season.   

Go Hoosiers!!!

Uhh...pass up a Yale Degree with a year to go or go come off the bench somewhere?? Yeah he is making the right decision lol.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Honestly the B1G should do their regular season in Indy at the convention center like it was discussed in the other thread. It would be the best scenario for everyone...school will be out longer during Christmas break this year. Maybe we will have a vaccine by then but even then it will probably only be for front line medical professionals and nursing homes etc.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Uhh...pass up a Yale Degree with a year to go or go come off the bench somewhere?? Yeah he is making the right decision lol.

Lol Never said he wasn't.  geesh.  Meant it would have been nice if hed graduated this year so we could have had him this year.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived