2020 College Basketball Off-Season

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I'll just add this. Both were as good as gone in February no questions asked. Getting ton of conflicting information right now....both in public and private. Both people who share with me are both telling me opposites. One says Ayo is still gone and Kofi is all over the place. The other says Ayo is actually returning and Kofi is definitely gone. 

Covid times. Draft dates. Deadlines. Interesting week before 8/3 deadline. 

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll just add this. Both were as good as gone in February no questions asked. Getting ton of conflicting information right now....both in public and private. Both people who share with me are both telling me opposites. One says Ayo is still gone and Kofi is all over the place. The other says Ayo is actually returning and Kofi is definitely gone. 

Covid times. Draft dates. Deadlines. Interesting week before 8/3 deadline. 

Of course these are challenging times. All along I was hearing Ayo was gone. But who knows ? 

34 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Of course these are challenging times. All along I was hearing Ayo was gone. But who knows ? 

They both were and I'll add this. My tip of the cap to you guys who come along and share information. I shared some stuff on another site about a decade ago that was spot on about one of the Illini legends....I wake up to about 50 DM's from these nut jobs over there. Better to sometimes just be quiet and let things play. 

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

. Better to sometimes just be quiet and let things play. 

I hear you on that.  Been there and done that. However, there are times when I just can't help myself. Shout out to you... and all the others willing to share information. Have said it before. And will say it again. We are dealing in most part with teenagers when it comes to recruiting. Subject to changing their minds.  What is true today, and is passed along, does not mean it was not true at one time.   Again... invoking the Jered Jeffries rule. 

15 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I hear you on that.  Been there and done that. However, there are times when I just can't help myself. Shout out to you... and all the others willing to share information. Have said it before. And will say it again. We are dealing in most part with teenagers when it comes to recruiting. Subject to changing their minds.  What is true today, and is passed along, does not mean it was not true at one time.   Again... invoking the Jered Jeffries rule. 

Yeah the only time I had any inside info ended up not happening.  I had talked to Colin Hartman's Aunt at my aunts funeral and she said he was definitely not coming back and was going to start a job.  It is not that I am related to Colin but my aunt married his mom's uncle.

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yeah the only time I had any inside info ended up not happening.  I had talked to Colin Hartman's Aunt at my aunts funeral and she said he was definitely not coming back and was going to start a job.  It is not that I am related to Colin but my aunt married his mom's uncle.

Yeah. Colin went through a lot with his injuries. And I could understand telling his Aunt he was done. Much to his credit... he worked to come back.

Collin Hartman and His Injuries

Sure am glad we will  have an older team in 2022 (we hope) because Sparty just landed another 5 star for 2022 class in Enoch Boayke. They are outrecruiting Duke and UK in a couple of these classes. Maybe Izzo wanting to make one last run and call it a career? 

8 hours ago, milehiiu said:

This coming Monday is drop dead day for withdrawing from the NBA draft. Just wondering how the pandemic will have an impact on players staying in the draft versus other years.

You think it gets delayed?? Honestly I could see kids coming back because they can’t work out for the pros and get feed back. Then I think...well we may not even get college basketball so maybe go pro now. One thing basketball has over football...smaller number of players and really don’t need fans for games. Guess if they could quarantine them from regular students might not be too bad. Also even if you had to play a regional schedule it wouldn’t be that bad as you could play several games in tournament style settings over a short period and with parity wouldn’t hurt rankings too bad.

Archived