2020 College Basketball Off-Season

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Sark said:

If LSU is found guilty of the violations, he’ll be dismissed for cause, which will effectively void his contract and any obligations within it, and the NCAA will issue a “Show Cause” order for him. He’ll be a pariah in the college game in no time flat.

LSU should demand that he repay his salary back to them.

45 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

20200826_114934.jpg

shocked-face.jpg.ff78d12561f57601f1f32a23e56094a4.jpg

You reading this, Trendon?  This is the coach who assured you there was "nothing to worry about with the NCAA."

You all know I'm the president pf the Will Wade hater club, so any news like this is music to my ears.  I hope they throw the book at that scumbag.

9 minutes ago, Sark said:

Would be interesting to see what his contract says about that. Even if it’s not addressed, they aren’t prevented from suing him for pay received while he was breaking the rules. The issue for a school would be discovery which, potentially, could be very embarrassing. That’s why parties generally settle up and move on.

Completely agree with you.  No matter how.... LSU should not sweep this under the rug.

Been my experience with the exception of 2 schools in the SEC when the NCAA comes calling about hoops problems. They cooperate and go overboard with penalties so the NCAA doesn't start sniffing around football.

With that said. If Wade doesn't get the 5 year show cause penalty I'm all for going deeper into the gray area.

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Been my experience with the exception of 2 schools in the SEC when the NCAA comes calling about hoops problems. They cooperate and go overboard with penalties so the NCAA doesn't start sniffing around football.

With that said. If Wade doesn't get the 5 year show cause penalty I'm all for going deeper into the gray area.

Checking some LSU fanboards. The NCAA is also looking into LSU's football program.  But my favorite post in terms of Wade was.... "every basketball program pays.... so what's the problem ? "

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Checking some LSU fanboards. The NCAA is also looking into LSU's football program.  But my favorite post in terms of Wade was.... "every basketball program pays.... so what's the problem ? "

That's about what I'd expect from those fans.

36 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That's about what I'd expect from those fans.

My in laws are some of them who have said the exact same thing.   The personal connection is why I want them to go down so bad.  

They are amazing folks otherwise though.  Seriously, I couldn't have asked for better in laws.  

I'm petty.  I admit it.  

22 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

My in laws are some of them who have said the exact same thing.   The personal connection is why I want them to go down so bad.  

They are amazing folks otherwise though.  Seriously, I couldn't have asked for better in laws.  

I'm petty.  I admit it.  

Or. Could it be because of this..... it would work for me :

Authentic Louisiana Crawfish Boil 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

That is the problem with sports today is that this kind of thinking.

9 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

shocked-face.jpg.ff78d12561f57601f1f32a23e56094a4.jpg

You reading this, Trendon?  This is the coach who assured you there was "nothing to worry about with the NCAA."

You all know I'm the president pf the Will Wade hater club, so any news like this is music to my ears.  I hope they throw the book at that scumbag.

Wow...scumbag...he should be banned no doubt but scumbag for paying poor young black men to play basketball that the university makes millions off of is a bit much given all that is wrong in the world. 

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Wow...scumbag...he should be banned no doubt but scumbag for paying poor young black men to play basketball that the university makes millions off of is a bit much given all that is wrong in the world. 

N he is a scumbag for cheating and breaking the rules

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

N he is a scumbag for cheating and breaking the rules

Guess I think a scum bag cheats on his wife or beats a woman...a cheater yes...weasel yes..in the 7 levels of hell not sure he would end up in the deepest pits scumbag inspires in me but ok lol!

37 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think he deserves the title.  What irritates me the most is that he pretended to be some young coaching prodigy, likely leapfrogging over numerous more deserving peers who were actually playing by the rules, when in reality, his greatest advantage was probably simply breaking the rules that others were following.  How would you feel if you were an opposing coach who lost a prized recruit to one of Will's "strong-@ss offers"?  How would you feel if you missed a tournament appearance bonus because you lost to one of Will's teams full of talented (and paid) recruits?  What if losses to Will's teams ultimately played a role in you losing your job?

We can argue about whether these kids deserve additional compensation, but the central point here is that Will Wade broke rules that others followed.  By breaking the rules, he created an unlevel and unfair playing field when going head to head with coaches who did not break rules to pay their players.  He didn't break the rules because of some altruistic quest for justice.  He broke the rules to gain an unfair advantage and profit from it.

I'm sorry...in my book, he's a scumbag. 

...and If Trendon Watford's name is among the players paid to go to LSU, I'll have some pretty negative feelings about the character of the Watford family as well.  Here's hoping Trendon is not one of the eleven.  At best, the family was very naive about Will Wade's reassurances.  I hope that's all they were.

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Some how some of my post got erased.  I noticed during the game that the band played especially the base and drums during the actual play.

Hey, we have an acronym in the air traffic software world when something like that happens...PICNIC...

"Problem in Chair, not in Computer."

😉

Archived