2020 College Basketball Off-Season

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/division-i-college-basketball-rankings-teams-69-200-out-of-357-as-the-2020-21-season-approaches/

Wasn't sure where to put this and didn't care about teams rated lower than 200,,,

Several comments---

- Georgetown rated at 122. Why would Aminu want to do that.

-Both Northwestern and Nebraska in this group... both over 100.

-Notre Dame rated in the 90's

-Montana St. comes in at a healthy 200

Wichita State at 86...wow, the wheels are really coming off the Gregg Marshall train.

Steve Alford's Nevada at 108

Georgia at 114 - Tom Crean still rebuilding

Georgetown at 122 - Wonder how much longer the trustees will doggedly persist with the Ewing as coach experiment?  I called this fail from the start.  Great player, but not a good coach.  Got exposed as soon as the recruiting started falling off.

Vanderbilt at 129 - Too early to say, but the returns for Stackhouse (another great player) don't look promising.  Probably a lesser Penney Hardaway.

Indiana State at 130 - I'd love to see the trees get on the non-con schedule.  Solid test in the early season.  Don't see it happening but if travel is an issue, who knows?

Nebraska at 139 - It's early, but I expected more from Hoiberg to be honest.

Temple at 149 - Man, I remember Cheaney's teams being so tough.  Looks like they have fallen off the map.

Iona at 190 - Pitino's return to college ball.

New Mexico at 197 - Man, that program has fallen off the map.

20 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/division-i-college-basketball-rankings-teams-69-200-out-of-357-as-the-2020-21-season-approaches/

Wasn't sure where to put this and didn't care about teams rated lower than 200,,,

Several comments---

- Georgetown rated at 122. Why would Aminu want to do that.

-Both Northwestern and Nebraska in this group... both over 100.

-Notre Dame rated in the 90's

-Montana St. comes in at a healthy 200

I never count out Brey's Irish.

Just now, rico said:

Perhaps, but they were in ball games with quality foes.  They definitely were on the outside looking in.  And you said they weren't very good btw.

Unless they had made a significant run in the ACC tournament, I don't think they would have made the dance. IMO, teams with an established coach and systems in place that don't make the NCAA tournament are not very good.

17 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Ethan Morton has Mono unfortunately. Hope he’s able to recover quickly but at least his eligibility won’t be impacted. Dakota Mathias suffered from it pretty bad his first year plus at Purdue before he got better.

That stinks. If it’s bad he might redshirt. Freshman that fall behind early typically don’t catch up midsession...just not enough practice time and the schedule gets too tough to get them comfortable.

47 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That stinks. If it’s bad he might redshirt. Freshman that fall behind early typically don’t catch up midsession...just not enough practice time and the schedule gets too tough to get them comfortable.

Actualy everybody is red shirting this year

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Ethan Morton has Mono unfortunately. Hope he’s able to recover quickly but at least his eligibility won’t be impacted. Dakota Mathias suffered from it pretty bad his first year plus at Purdue before he got better.

What I have heard that you can lose a lot of weight and strength with this.  what i remem ber about Morton is that he was a little slender and looked like he needed to add a lot of strength so this would be a set back for him.

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/michigan-basketball-recruiting-wolverines-no-1-recruiting-class-adds-another-five-star-in-moussa-diabate/ar-BB1aQEjU?ocid=msedgdhp

UM gets another 5 star for 2021 and has a totla of 6 for that class.  Is it he is just a great recruiter or do you think there is some fishy stuff going on in Ann Arbor.

I’m thinking it’s young impressionable Kids! The Fab 4 talked about how they saw students wearing their jerseys that they couldn’t afford from the bookstore! I’m sure that story sells!

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I’m thinking it’s young impressionable Kids! The Fab 4 talked about how they saw students wearing their jerseys that they couldn’t afford from the bookstore! I’m sure that story sells!

Also have to remember that the Fab 5 teams had some NCAA infractions for getting huge ammounts of money.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Completely out of control, amazing, what a complete putz, good riddance.

A number of people wanted him at IU. Just imagine if IU had hired him....

Yes, but in defense of the people who wanted him at IU (and I myself thought we should kick the tires) none of those allegations had surfaced yet...though I do remember hearing his wife was a piece of work...

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yes, but in defense of the people who wanted him at IU (and I myself thought we should kick the tires) none of those allegations had surfaced yet...though I do remember hearing his wife was a piece of work...

Some of his explosive behavior had -- sideline explosions, and later his crazy meltdown in the Canada pre-season game. But my comment wasn't to take a shot at anyone, it was just to point out the insane situation that would have resulted in, RMK fired after years of frankly abusive behavior, and this guy punches a player twice and then chokes an assistant? 

7 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Some of his explosive behavior had -- sideline explosions, and later his crazy meltdown in the Canada pre-season game. But my comment wasn't to take a shot at anyone, it was just to point out the insane situation that would have resulted in, RMK fired after years of frankly abusive behavior, and this guy punches a player twice and then chokes an assistant? 

Oh I know...it's just that the guy is a helluva basketball mind...I watched his Winthrop teams in the tourney a couple of times and thought they played harder and with more discipline that any team I had seen. And I missed those traits at IU...

But there's a line, and he did cross it...

Archived