2020 College Basketball Off-Season

Indiana usually gets like 12 non conference games per year. If the B1G goes to strictly conference games that means no tune up games before conference play. Could you imagine not playing since early March and your first game is against Michigan State. Talk about tough circumstances. Not sure how that would work with the NCAA tournament either. 

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, landrus13 said:

Indiana usually gets like 12 non conference games per year. If the B1G goes to strictly conference games that means no tune up games before conference play. Could you imagine not playing since early March and your first game is against Michigan State. Talk about tough circumstances. Not sure how that would work with the NCAA tournament either. 

That can be turned around, could you imagine not playing since early March and your first game is against IU!

17 hours ago, landrus13 said:

We opened a season against Kansas a few years ago. I hate it when people act like opening with a tough game is some sort of death sentence. 

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

We opened a season against Kansas a few years ago. I hate it when people act like opening with a tough game is some sort of death sentence. 

Especially when we have so much experience coming back. I don't care who we play or when or where....as long as we play. 

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Another prospect going to G league in Johnathan Kuminga.  Not good day for UK because they were in this kids final list as well as the kid who committed to Memphis ad well.

Don't they already have like 6 kids coming in next season? How many scholarships do they have? 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

How ever many Cal wants LOL.  I know they only have a few guys coming back so they have a lot of openings.

Read somewhere Keion Brooks Jr. will be one of their key returners and he was like 8th in scoring on the team last season, so I am going to go out on a limb and say they have about 7 schollys lol

Just thinking about the worst case scenario and that would if there is no season at all.  I wonder if they would do what they did this year for spring sports and give players another year of eligibility.  If that is the case then Durham and Brunk could come back for another year.  Also if this happens then all.of this year's freshman would be freshman again.  It would then give us a huge freshman class with the 20 and 21 class all be freshman.  Also if this happens would that limit the amount we could bring in for the 21 class.

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just thinking about the worst case scenario and that would if there is no season at all.  I wonder if they would do what they did this year for spring sports and give players another year of eligibility.  If that is the case then Durham and Brunk could come back for another year.  Also if this happens then all.of this year's freshman would be freshman again.  It would then give us a huge freshman class with the 20 and 21 class all be freshman.  Also if this happens would that limit the amount we could bring in for the 21 class.

Can't imagine being a fringe 1st round/early 2nd round pick this year. Decide to return to school and a season doesn't happen. Or keep name in draft and not get drafted. That G League is going to be very, very full this season. 

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To move it to Florida does not make since because Florida is the top hot spot for the virus

Been to Cancun. Multiple times. Have walked the beach on Christmas Eve.  And opened up Christmas gifts on the beach on Christmas day. The water is beautiful.

Yes it is curious about the move, considering this report, from just a couple of days ago :

Cancun Reopened for Tourism — Here's What It Was Really Like to Visit | Travel + Leisure | Travel + Leisure

28 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Been to Cancun. Multiple times. Have walked the beach on Christmas Eve.  And opened up Christmas gifts on the beach on Christmas day. The water is beautiful.

Yes it is curious about the move, considering this report, from just a couple of days ago :

Cancun Reopened for Tourism — Here's What It Was Really Like to Visit | Travel + Leisure | Travel + Leisure

Was on a cruise and Cancun was on of the ports we stopped at.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Was on a cruise and Cancun was on of the ports we stopped at.

Neat.  Have traveled on high speed boats to Cozemel and back to Cancun.  Cozemel is a really neat little island.  My son has traveled there to do what is considered to be some of the best deep sea diving in the world.

Archived