Skyy Clark (2022)

24 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

He's now "Master Coach of Basketball" at Mamba Sports Academy. So they're both in CA.

https://mambasportsacademy.com/bios/aj-moye/

I thought Clark was going to high school in Nashville, but maybe you mean he’s training out there for the summer or something.  Either way, Moye being in his ear should be helpful!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I thought Clark was going to high school in Nashville, but maybe you mean he’s training out there for the summer or something.  Either way, Moye being in his ear should be helpful!

Before Brentwood Academy in TN he attended Heritage Christian HS in CA. 247 also lists him as being from Northridge, CA in the Background section. MaxPreps shows he played at HCHS this past season and VerbalCommits shows his hometown as LA. So even though he'll be attending school in TN he's from CA and his family may still be there. He'll have friends there for sure that he might visit even if his family moved.

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Vincent14 said:

Got offered by Kentucky.  They are going to be hard to beat.

Yep...one thing about Kentucky is if you play point...you are going to have the ball in your hands "ALL" the time...and will have the opportunity to shine....and yes...will likely go pro.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I see Tenn St. is on the list and I think it is part of the HBCU even though they are not in the SWAC or MEAC

Part of the OVC with Murray St and Belmont. So it’s not an unheard of path to the nba. That said I don’t think Tennessee st has ever won the OVC. It’s in Nashville so maybe that is why he chose them...or because they have a coach like Memphis whose nickname is “Penny” as well!

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Part of the OVC with Murray St and Belmont. So it’s not an unheard of path to the nba. That said I don’t think Tennessee st has ever won the OVC. It’s in Nashville so maybe that is why he chose them...or because they have a coach like Memphis whose nickname is “Penny” as well!

I do remember one year that they made the tournament and played UK in a 1-16 game.  I don't know if they were part of the OVC then or not.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You are right...like early 90s...and they were.

For some reason I remember watching that game and I think it was like the noon game.  I know it is weird that I can remember things like but have a harder time remember who played two years ago

Just now, dgambill said:

Your memory is much better than mine lol. They must have given them a good game to be so memorable.

It is weird that I can remember things back then better than a year or so ago.  Like I said before I can tell you most of the final four teams and all of the teams in the championship game since 1976.  The farther back the easier for me and starting around 2013 I have a harder time.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

For some reason I remember watching that game and I think it was like the noon game.  I know it is weird that I can remember things like but have a harder time remember who played two years ago

Short term memory is the first thing to go.  You're officially a "geezer", Scott.

Archived