Skyy Clark (2022)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It is weird that I can remember things back then better than a year or so ago.  Like I said before I can tell you most of the final four teams and all of the teams in the championship game since 1976.  The farther back the easier for me and starting around 2013 I have a harder time.

Good point.  I have the same thing.  I can tell you what time of year many songs were out in the heyday of pop and rock, like such and such song was out Spring 1985.  Same thing with college hoops and even who was in the draft by year.  After schooling for me was over, I lost these “powers.”   My theories are  that (a)  when younger, your point of reference changes continually, meaning your school year etc is always a moving target so matching the school year with the information kind of locks in, but when you’re out of school, since the point of reference is not so clearly demarcated, it doesn’t register for me what happened in a particular month and year for the most part.  

When the working career starts, and as you get older, the years blur a tad for me, at least. Like I know there are certain periods where I was out of it, and my knowledge wasn’t as deep because I was on a huge work project or I was getting married or whatever, but the years blur for me because the big picture changes.  (B) As you get older, your priorities tend to change and your responsibilities skyrocket in magnitude.  It is understandable that the granular detail doesn’t take hold as deeply when you have children that you provide for and take care of, etc.  

I 100% agree with the premise and have thought about the why’s of the reason for it.  

On 8/7/2020 at 9:45 PM, Threedom said:

Iu Scott you are the iu/big10 rainman.  I remember a lot from the days gone by but you bring up times, locations???  I’m 47 and envy your memory. 

Between he and Rico there isn’t much that we don’t have covered lol. Should put like a red H next to their names to indicate resident historians lol.

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2020 at 11:44 AM, dgambill said:

Yep...one thing about Kentucky is if you play point...you are going to have the ball in your hands "ALL" the time...and will have the opportunity to shine....and yes...will likely go pro.

Yeah I quoted myself...this had UK written all over it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived