Jonathan Lawson-2021

gnet550

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Thats parents, middle school coaches, junior varsity coaches job. If they don't have it by the time they are on the varsity team.. they're probably in a world of hurt. 

So, am I missing the real point of the famous rebounding drill that Izzo uses??  That's not to teach/improve toughness??  Or is that just him having a different philosophy from Geno A.?  Just curious about your take.  I'm probably just missing something.  😁

4 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

So, am I missing the real point of the famous rebounding drill that Izzo uses??  That's not to teach/improve toughness??  Or is that just him having a different philosophy from Geno A.?  Just curious about your take.  I'm probably just missing something.  😁

Well just because you're a good shooter doesn't mean you don't even do shooting drills in practice. I think you always want to improve. 

But if you aren't already tough, I'm willing to bet rebounding drills in college will be hell on you. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Well just because you're a good shooter doesn't mean you don't even do shooting drills in practice. I think you always want to improve. 

But if you aren't already tough, I'm willing to bet rebounding drills in college will be hell on you. 

Okay.  Thanks for the discussion.  😁

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

There isn't an either or here in terms of being a good person, good student, and a good basketball player. 

Peyton Manning, I'm sure was a good student.. look what he did for Indy off the court.

The female trainers at Tennessee would like a word.

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

No because they shouldn't have been offered a scholarship to begin with. 

Like Geno A says... we don't recruit or teach toughness and effort. Those are a given. 

Totally agree! You CAN’T teach toughness or the will to win at the college level. Crap, you can’t teach it at the high school level. Those things are developed early. 

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

Totally agree! You CAN’T teach toughness or the will to win at the college level. Crap, you can’t teach it at the high school level. Those things are developed early. 

I should have replied with...  Izzo vs Geno in terms of success is no comparison. Izzo is also a pathetic scumbag. 

Archived