Which Indiana city has the worst drivers ?

milehiiu

I don’t know who has the worst drivers, but one thing I will never get is why my rural friends who drive 80 mph down 12 foot wide country roads with no shoulder and no street lights in the dead of night while blowing stop signs, crap their pants and when they are going 55 mph on 4 lane expressway on a sunny afternoon. 😆

Crap, you all should drive around the South! Drivers in Indiana are Gold Medal Driving Instructors compared to the drivers in Alabama who I see frequently!!

But "Bless Their Heart" , I've had nightmares about coming up to a four way stop and nobody will go first because they want to be the nicer person!

I can't detail the worst because I've worked from home for 15+ years...and haven't been on the roads. I'll just say this with what is supposed to be limited cars on the road you shouldn't be tailgating anyone. To the guy this morning at 116th and Westfield in my hood drafting me like it's Talladega in a 30 mph zone.....please move away from Central Indiana. That's all I got.

I don't notice Fort Wayne people being outrageously bad when I'm on the road. My main peeve is people running red lights, especially in front of my apartment complex. But I have trained myself to check twice on green. 

I lived in Indy for a while. Indy was more annoying to drive in but that was mainly the higher volume of traffic and not so much driving habits. I lived in the Castleton areas. 

Carmel...hands down.

It's a prerequisite that if there is more than 1 car length between cars, that any person wanting to enter the highway in your lane, must burn rubber to turn in front of you, and then go 25 mph in a 45-50mph zone. There could be a half mile of open space behind you, but they are obligated to turn onto the road right in front of you.

I've been gone for over 10 years, and it STILL pisses me off

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

I don’t know who has the worst drivers, but one thing I will never get is why my rural friends who drive 80 mph down 12 foot wide country roads with no shoulder and no street lights in the dead of night while blowing stop signs, crap their pants and when they are going 55 mph on 4 lane expressway on a sunny afternoon. 😆

I know this is not about Indiana drivers. However your post about rural drivers.  Reminds me of the most most respectful  drivers I have ever run across in my travels in the greatest nation on Earth.  And that is in the rural areas of Texas.  No, not in Houston, Dallas or Fort Worth. Even in Austin.  But in the rural lowlands of Texas. Two lane highways. Where drivers on the other side of the highway, always waved at us.  And... and. when coming upon a car on your side of the highway.  Rather than making you pull into the other lane to pass them.... would pull onto the shoulder, so you would not have to pull into the other lane. 

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I can't detail the worst because I've worked from home for 15+ years...and haven't been on the roads. I'll just say this with what is supposed to be limited cars on the road you shouldn't be tailgating anyone. To the guy this morning at 116th and Westfield in my hood drafting me like it's Talladega in a 30 mph zone.....please move away from Central Indiana. That's all I got.

Appropriate response: hit your brakes. So it's maybe a wee bit aggressive, but, well, I've found it to be fairly effective for the jackamoles who like to tailgate. 😁

16 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I know this is not about Indiana drivers. However your post about rural drivers.  Reminds me of the most most respectful  drivers I have ever run across in my travels in the greatest nation on Earth.  And that is in the rural areas of Texas.  No, not in Houston, Dallas or Fort Worth. Even in Austin.  But in the rural lowlands of Texas. Two lane highways. Where drivers on the other side of the highway, always waved at us.  And... and. when coming upon a car on your side of the highway.  Rather than making you pull into the other lane to pass them.... would pull onto the shoulder, so you would not have to pull into the other lane. 

Yep, if you get on any road that starts with FM (Farm to Market...no kidding) they drive very politely...

If it starts with an I or an SR they turn into maniacs.

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Any city close to Ohio. "All" Buckeyes drive slow in the left lane and 1mph below slow in the right. Drives me crazy 

As much as I love and respect him.  My brother in law who lives in East Central Ohio.  Drives in the "hammer lane".... below the posted speed limit. And never moves over for cars to pass him. It used to drive me crazy.  Always kept my mouth shut.  Just sat there. Quietly shaking my head.

So.. I have to concur with you.  It's an Ohio thing.

People who drive in the far left lane too slow are a scourge.   One time I was listening to talk radio at night and this was the topic and they took callers.  So many people called to say that they did it to regulate speed.  They saw themselves as enforcing the law.   The station (I think WLS) didn’t take a poll but the vigilante enforcers of the speed limit were grossly outnumbered.  

My bottom line is that it is not the average citizen’s job or role to enforce the speed limit.  They aren’t in position to understand all the factors.  Most importantly, the person who drives too slow in the far left lane is the most dangerous driver out there, far worse than the guy speeding.  He triggers people to have to pass from the middle lane, dart in front of trucks, etc.   I’d give them a $5,000 ticket or a night in jail.  Their choice.  

18 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

People who drive in the far left lane too slow are a scourge.   One time I was listening to talk radio at night and this was the topic and they took callers.  So many people called to say that they did it to regulate speed.  They saw themselves as enforcing the law.   The station (I think WLS) didn’t take a poll but the vigilante enforcers of the speed limit were grossly outnumbered.  

My bottom line is that it is not the average citizen’s job or role to enforce the speed limit.  They aren’t in position to understand all the factors.  Most importantly, the person who drives too slow in the far left lane is the most dangerous driver out there, far worse than the guy speeding.  He triggers people to have to pass from the middle lane, dart in front of trucks, etc.   I’d give them a $5,000 ticket or a night in jail.  Their choice.  

IIRC, Isn't there an Indiana law that prohibits slow drivers from the left lane?

Archived