Which Indiana city has the worst drivers ?

milehiiu

21 hours ago, milehiiu said:

As much as I love and respect him.  My brother in law who lives in East Central Ohio.  Drives in the "hammer lane".... below the posted speed limit. And never moves over for cars to pass him. It used to drive me crazy.  Always kept my mouth shut.  Just sat there. Quietly shaking my head.

So.. I have to concur with you.  It's an Ohio thing.

Years ago I was driving in Virginia, middle of the night only other car on the road in either direction was about two miles ahead. I said to my friend from Skokie IL I bet that car is from Illinois. Sure enough Illinois plate. Had to pass him on the right!

Slightly off topic but... I’ve always hated the rule of having Semi’s drive 5-10 mph slower than other traffic. It’s like let’s intentionally make it a game of frogger. Then there’s the economy side of it. Cars are most efficient once at a consistent speed, making them slow down then speed up has to use more gas. Not even mentioning how many accidents it causes and road rage it starts. 

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Don't know about Indiana because I haven't lived there in 40 years, but in Texas, the consensus is Midland...

Screenshot_20200502-085302~2.png

Been to Midland.  Been to Houston.  Despite the sign.  Will give my nod to Houston.

8 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Slightly off topic but... I’ve always hated the rule of having Semi’s drive 5-10 mph slower than other traffic. It’s like let’s intentionally make it a game of frogger. Then there’s the economy side of it. Cars are most efficient once at a consistent speed, making them slow down then speed up has to use more gas. Not even mentioning how many accidents it causes and road rage it starts. 

It’s a no win situation. They can’t stop at full speed on sudden stops the way cars can.  Going slower gives them that extra tick that can get them stopped when there’s a sudden backup.   

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It’s a no win situation. They can’t stop at full speed on sudden stops the way cars can.  Going slower gives them that extra tick that can get them stopped when there’s a sudden backup.   

You got that right. I-70 in the Colorado mountains has runaway truck ramps built into the side of mountains along the route.

Video shows truck using runaway ramp outside Silverthorne  Colorado

27 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Now you made me think of another idiot driver complaint! The ones playing Frogger! Rear ended one on an extremely packed Interstate! Every time I tried to leave room between me and the vehicle in front, some Frogger would fill in! Finally just when another one filled in traffic backed up! Guess he lost the game and took me with him!😖

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

You got that right. I-70 in the Colorado mountains has runaway truck ramps built into the side of mountains along the route.

Video shows truck using runaway ramp outside Silverthorne  Colorado

Mile I live on top of one of the southernmost  little piles of rock left by the glaciers! All of 400 vertical feet to the flatlands! Still it’s called a Mountain!😜

However,?even I drive by a truck run off every day because they had two runaway trucks blow through town!

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

Mile I live on top of one of the southernmost  little piles of rock left by the glaciers! All of 400 vertical feet to the flatlands! Still it’s called a Mountain!😜

However,?even I drive by a truck run off every day because they had two runaway trucks blow through town!

Wow. 

It's been nearly a year now. When a truck in trouble blew past the last runaway ramp on 1-70.  Before causing  a horrendous crash.

Livestream Footage Captures Fiery Crash Outside Denver 

I-70 Semi Crash Suspect Had Opportunities To Stop, Expert Says 

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Someone better than me (right now wink wink) should be able to do the math. That tick is probably x100 shorter than the human brain can process, which makes it a total non starter. Please understand I’m not penning this to be combative, but rational actually. The chances that the 5mph rolling road blocks cause more issues than a professional driver, under extreme drive time regulation, are x1000 compared to an extra .6 seconds of time to brake. 
I fully suspect that this was a conjured up idea. By some group of politicians, that involuntarily “slowed” traffic down while allowing them to mark higher speed limits to get more federal incentives. Which leads into an entire other discussion... so I’ll stop there. 

**edit . 5 mph = 7.33 ft/ sec. roughly 60% of the distance from the front bumper of a truck and the cab door. 

Archived