2022 In-State QB Brady Allen Commits to Purdue

38 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Is this where we get to say that he's only going to Purdue because we got our QB so he couldn't come here?

Haha. I know Brady was really high on Purdue even before McCulley committed. Jackson is a dual threat so maybe it helped pave the way even more for Brady. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Haha. I know Brady was really high on Purdue even before McCulley committed. Jackson is a dual threat so maybe it helped pave the way even more for Brady. 

Do you think Jackson will stay at QB?  I know that's the original plan, but what do you think now that Allen looks to be going there the next year?

3 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Do you think Jackson will stay at QB?  I know that's the original plan, but what do you think now that Allen looks to be going there the next year?

I honestly think he’ll end up at slot WR tbh. Maybe mix in some option QB packages from time to time but I think his future is elsewhere but who knows. Allen seems to be out of central casting for a QB in Brohm’s system. 

18 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Oh I’m guessing it’s awful. MIC is in a class of it’s own. Do you think Brady is solid even with the crappy competition he faces?

They play 4 or 5 of the worst schools in the state. (My team plays 2 or 3 of the worst, so its not like I'm singling out Allen). 

I would think Brady is at least a high 3 star guy. Like a top 600 player. Could be a top 400 (ish). Its very hard to evaluate young QBs. Like Jacksons competition level compared to Bradys would be so hard to judge. 

I'm still confused by the RPO comment that was made above. Gibson Southern runs a ton of RPO (which essentially has an OL downfield every play but whatever)... now maybe we don't think Brady can do that at the next level, but he is very Sudfeld to me. I like Allen, I'd be thrilled if we were to get him.. I do think DM is better though. 

12 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Won’t IU take a QB in ‘22 still?

I don't think we have to at all. We have a QB in 20 and 21. And two on the roster for two more years after this one (probably). If we took one in 22 we would have 5 QBs on scholarship in the 2022-2023 school year. 🤷‍♂️

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They play 4 or 5 of the worst schools in the state. (My team plays 2 or 3 of the worst, so its not like I'm singling out Allen). 

I would think Brady is at least a high 3 star guy. Like a top 600 player. Could be a top 400 (ish). Its very hard to evaluate young QBs. Like Jacksons competition level compared to Bradys would be so hard to judge. 

I'm still confused by the RPO comment that was made above. Gibson Southern runs a ton of RPO (which essentially has an OL downfield every play but whatever)... now maybe we don't think Brady can do that at the next level, but he is very Sudfeld to me. I like Allen, I'd be thrilled if we were to get him.. I do think DM is better though. 

Assuming football is played this fall, Gibson Southern will play a much stronger schedule due to conference realignment. They've added games with Columbus North, Owensboro (KY), Mt. Vernon, Washington, and Boonville while retaining games with Southport, Southridge, Heritage Hills, and Princeton. 

Forest Park, South Spencer, North Posey, Pike Central, and Tell City all drop off the schedule.

Much more challenging for Gibson Southern.

2 minutes ago, Kendal22 said:

Assuming football is played this fall, Gibson Southern will play a much stronger schedule due to conference realignment. They've added games with Columbus North, Owensboro (KY), Mt. Vernon, Washington, and Boonville while retaining games with Southport, Southridge, Heritage Hills, and Princeton. 

Forest Park, South Spencer, North Posey, Pike Central, and Tell City all drop off the schedule.

Much more challenging for Gibson Southern.

I agree. Still not in the same realm as the MIC, but I agree. 

8 minutes ago, Sark said:

IU will take a quarterback in just about every class unless the quality level is so low they don’t deem any available player worthy. Highly doubtful they don’t take one in ‘22.

Yeah I agree. He said made it seem like we had to. 

After what happened that one year when Sudfeld got hurt and a tiny true freshman Diamont had to play, I’m all for a qb in each class.  At that time, we went from riches to rags.  We were really deep at one point, but lost two good quarterbacks in Coffman and Roberson to transfer.  If even just Coffman had stayed I think we go bowling that year.  

Anyway, I just use that as an example. You don’t need a 4 star stud in each class, but it’s good idea to have somebody solid who could step in.  Every other year, you could get a big time guy and in the off years get somebody who is team oriented, smart, gritty, and could step in and command the team.

30 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

After what happened that one year when Sudfeld got hurt and a tiny true freshman Diamont had to play, I’m all for a qb in each class.  At that time, we went from riches to rags.  We were really deep at one point, but lost two good quarterbacks in Coffman and Roberson to transfer.  If even just Coffman had stayed I think we go bowling that year.  

Anyway, I just use that as an example. You don’t need a 4 star stud in each class, but it’s good idea to have somebody solid who could step in.  Every other year, you could get a big time guy and in the off years get somebody who is team oriented, smart, gritty, and could step in and command the team.

It is just not that if the coaches want a QB in every class it probably has to do with if a QB would want to come in and be 5th on the depth chart.

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Seems early to commit but strange times. Looks like IU and Purdue will have good QB's for awhile. 

It definitely does no doubt. I thought I remembered reading even before covid that he wanted to make a decision the summer before his junior year so maybe he’s just ready to be done with the whole process. Can’t say I’d blame him. 

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It definitely does no doubt. I thought I remembered reading even before covid that he wanted to make a decision the summer before his junior year so maybe he’s just ready to be done with the whole process. Can’t say I’d blame him. 

Part of the deal. Once you crossover into the 4 star range and commit a couple years in advance I always get a tad nervous about flips. Part of recruiting I hate but I'd rather be in that company.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Part of the deal. Once you crossover into the 4 star range and commit a couple years in advance I always get a tad nervous about flips. Part of recruiting I hate but I'd rather be in that company.

Fair point you’ll always have that nervous feeling up until signing day haha. I also am hoping his early commitment could help set the tone for the rest of our class like it did a few years ago when Karlaftis committed early in his junior year too. Always helpful when you have a highly regarded guy on board so early. 

6 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Committed to the Power 5 school who has the longest current drought since being in the top 25 (for once that isn't us!).

Ouch didn’t realize that haha. Great day in Boiler land that’s for sure. If we can get Joe Strickland to follow suit that’d be fantastic. 

56 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

You stay the hell away from Strickland!

Is he leaning towards Purdue?

Idk if leaning is the right word but from what we’re hearing, we should have a good shot. His mom was at Purdue when Brees was there and apparently Joe has grown up rooting for us. Not a slam dunk but it certainly can’t hurt. Plus he seemed pretty excited about Allen committing and I’m guessing Brady will be in his ear to commit. 

• KDB changed the title to 2022 In-State QB Brady Allen Commits to Purdue
  • 1 month later...

Archived