David Holloman Commits to Indiana

KDB

I really appreciate backs like Scott, James, and Jordan Howard who you can give the ball to, and they're going to be able to run through some guys.  I will say though, I miss guys like Tevin Coleman.  There is something about having a home run hitter in the backfield.  That's what Holloman looks like.  From watching his film, it looks like every time he touches the ball, he has a chance to take it all the way.

From his highlights, he was more versatile than I thought he'd be.  Plowed through a few guys on runs, and laid a couple people out on blocks.  I think he returned 4 kicks for touchdowns too.  2 punts and 2 kickoffs if I remember right.  Lined up at WR a few times.  Had a few clips of him playing safety.

I wonder if we'll leave him at RB, make him a WR, or have him like Ellis were he can move back and forth between them.  He definitely looks like a guy who needs at least 5 touches a game just to see what he can do.  He could probably get that just from being a returner.  Throw in a couple more on runs or screens, and he's probably going to have at least one big play a game.

9 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I really appreciate backs like Scott, James, and Jordan Howard who you can give the ball to, and they're going to be able to run through some guys.  I will say though, I miss guys like Tevin Coleman.  There is something about having a home run hitter in the backfield.  That's what Holloman looks like.  From watching his film, it looks like every time he touches the ball, he has a chance to take it all the way.

From his highlights, he was more versatile than I thought he'd be.  Plowed through a few guys on runs, and laid a couple people out on blocks.  I think he returned 4 kicks for touchdowns too.  2 punts and 2 kickoffs if I remember right.  Lined up at WR a few times.  Had a few clips of him playing safety.

I wonder if we'll leave him at RB, make him a WR, or have him like Ellis were he can move back and forth between them.  He definitely looks like a guy who needs at least 5 touches a game just to see what he can do.  He could probably get that just from being a returner.  Throw in a couple more on runs or screens, and he's probably going to have at least one big play a game.

Well said. Obviously not making the comparison of one of my all time favorite Bears (Devin Hester) but when you have that type of speed you use it somehow someway every game. Kick and Punt returns....screens/reverses,etc...get him the ball and let his speed take over.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Well said. Obviously not making the comparison of one of my all time favorite Bears (Devin Hester) but when you have that type of speed you use it somehow someway every game. Kick and Punt returns....screens/reverses,etc...get him the ball and let his speed take over.

Having a weapon in the return game would be huge. I always remember during Hester's prime, he was good for about a 15-20 yard punt return without even touching the ball. So many times teams would send a 30 yard punt out of bounds just to make sure he didn't touch it. I remember times when punters would get screamed at on the sidelines for kicking the ball to him.

Also, how many games have we had the last few years where a big return has killed us. I know Penn State a couple times. I'd love to do that to another team. J-Shun Harris was a good punt returner for us, but never did anything on kickoffs.

This guy could be a major weapon on kickoffs and punts.

10 hours ago, SpiderMonkey said:

4.22?😮

And he isn't a really small guy either. He's already about 5'11" and 190 pounds. He'll need to bulk up some if he's planning on staying at RB, but he isn't running those times at 160 pounds.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him used like Rondale Moore. Primarily a WR, but you get him the ball any way you can, so I hope he doesn't get up to 215+. I think leave him around 200.

I love getting guys like this. He might not pan out, but his potential is through the roof. If he realizes that potential, he's a game changer. From a few things I've read, some people think he's really underrated and could be a sleeper.

2 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

And he isn't a really small guy either. He's already about 5'11" and 190 pounds. He'll need to bulk up some if he's planning on staying at RB, but he isn't running those times at 160 pounds.

At the 2017 Combine, John Ross, WR from Washington ran 4.22 for the fastest time ever recorded at the combine.  Ross also measured in at 5'11" and 190 pounds at the combine.  He has had a rough injury riddled 3 years with Bengals though.

6 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Having a weapon in the return game would be huge. I always remember during Hester's prime, he was good for about a 15-20 yard punt return without even touching the ball. So many times teams would send a 30 yard punt out of bounds just to make sure he didn't touch it. I remember times when punters would get screamed at on the sidelines for kicking the ball to him.

Also, how many games have we had the last few years where a big return has killed us. I know Penn State a couple times. I'd love to do that to another team. J-Shun Harris was a good punt returner for us, but never did anything on kickoffs.

This guy could be a major weapon on kickoffs and punts.

I remember a guy named Larry Highbaugh...and he had some major league wheels.

5 hours ago, SpiderMonkey said:

At the 2017 Combine, John Ross, WR from Washington ran 4.22 for the fastest time ever recorded at the combine.  Ross also measured in at 5'11" and 190 pounds at the combine.  He has had a rough injury riddled 3 years with Bengals though.

I have him in my fantasy keeper league haha.  If he does stay healthy, he'd be a weapon, but yeah, injuries are definitely an issue for him and anybody who moves that quick.

On 4/30/2020 at 11:24 PM, Leathernecks said:

Really excited right off the bat at a first glance. I would take a Leroy Hoard like player at RB any day..

That might be a bad comparison but that is what you get from a back in the day Browns fan who just woke up tp see him make those types of carries through people LOL.

Add about 25-30 lbs to him and let him both run and give us 10 yards per catch on his career. .Returns Tackles. He has the right tools to be versatile and gives me a good feeling he will not take long to see the field in come capacity. Usually comes down to health like you said and ball security for younger kids who need to put on weight still.

Bet he could get good YAC and I see home run type all day if he gets a one on one in the second level against a DB that isn't up to speed or his initiation of contact..

Good point about WR too, and also curious where they line him..  Whop won't be here forever!

Archived