Big Ten Roster Projections 2020-21

Michigan State, Iowa and Wisconsin look to be loaded.

...and I knew Nebraska was getting completely turned upside down but what the heck is going on at Maryland?  A lot of transfers out and a very weak incoming class...do recruits know something we don't?

Someone needs to tell Greg Gard how you balance classes.  Unless I'm mistaken, almost all of his returning talent will graduate after this season.

Also, more turnover at Ohio State than you would expect at this point in the program build.

Just now, FKIM01 said:

...and I knew Nebraska was getting completely turned upside down but what the heck is going on at Maryland?  A lot of transfers out and a very weak incoming class...do recruits know something we don't?

Someone needs to tell Greg Gard how you balance classes.  Unless I'm mistaken, almost all of his returning talent will graduate after this season.

Also, more turnover at Ohio State than you would expect at this point in the program build.

I'm still bullish on the idea that we're somewhere between 3rd-5th in the conference and 18th-25th overall in the country next year. 

Health. 

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think MSU had an incoming transfer from Marquette.  Also noticed that the Big Ten does not have many top recruits coming this year.

Yeah, one if the Hauser twins, wasn't it? TDH has him in there...

Just now, Go__Hoosiers said:

Don't throw anything at me and maybe it is just because the only two Purdue games I watched this year were the ones they played IU - but I have to think they're going to be pretty good. Newman and Gillis coming off redshirts - lots of other returners.

Truthfully. I want PU to be good. Every year.  But... not as good as IU every year.  Go IU... and this post is for you HTD !

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I think Iowa's fate rests entirely with Garza's decision.  They really won't have anyone proven in the front court without him.  Oh, and they don't play defense.  I think it would be a foolish decision for Garza to come back.  IMO he'll never have more buzz around his name than he does right now.  Might as well capitalize.

3 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I think Iowa's fate rests entirely with Garza's decision.  They really won't have anyone proven in the front court without him.  Oh, and they don't play defense.  I think it would be a foolish decision for Garza to come back.  IMO he'll never have more buzz around his name than he does right now.  Might as well capitalize.

To me I don't see why Garza would leave because he will not get drafted this year.

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me I don't see why Garza would leave because he will not get drafted this year.

Whether or not he gets drafted is one thing, but he could still get a nice contract similar to Juwan Morgan.  The worst case is that he comes back next year and shows the world that he hit his ceiling, the buzz wears off and no one wants him.  I just think you strike while the iron is hot.  I'm of the view that we've seen the best of Garza, but I could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Whether or not he gets drafted is one thing, but he could still get a nice contract similar to Juwan Morgan.  The worst case is that he comes back next year and shows the world that he hit his ceiling, the buzz wears off and no one wants him.  I just think you strike while the iron is hot.  I'm of the view that we've seen the best of Garza, but I could be wrong.

I wonder how many of our fans had this view of Juwan Morgan. I'm guessing it wasn't many. 

30 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I wonder how many of our fans had this view of Juwan Morgan. I'm guessing it wasn't many. 

Do you mean following Morgan's junior year when he tested the waters? If so, it's kind of apples and oranges. Morgan wasn't coming off a NPOY (I believe Garza came in a close second) and All-American season. If he had, I'd bet he would have left. 

53 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Morgan stayed 4 years

Archived