Do you Pepperoncini ?

I do.  Growing up in Gary, Indiana.  As I did. Seemed that all the pizza places gave a side order of pepperonicini.  

Pepperoncini Peppers - All About Them - Scoville & More - Chili Pepper Madness

So. I still love to have them with my pizza.  And spaghetti.  Even eat them as a snack. As I am now doing, while making this post.

Hot. Or Mild.  I love them either way.

So.... Hoosier Sports Nation. What's your favorite hot/mild pepper ?

22 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I do.  Growing up in Gary, Indiana.  As I did. Seemed that all the pizza places gave a side order of pepperonicini.  

Pepperoncini Peppers - All About Them - Scoville & More - Chili Pepper Madness

So. I still love to have them with my pizza.  And spaghetti.  Even eat them as a snack. As I am now doing, while making this post.

Hot. Or Mild.  I love them either way.

So.... Hoosier Sports Nation. What's your favorite hot/mild pepper ?

I like pepperoncini peppers too.  Don't have them all that often, but they are good.  I used to have them quite a bit growing up.

I don't really eat any peppers by themselves, but I do like using them in other ways.  Diced up in recipes, stuffed, salsa.

One of my favorite ways peppers are used are salsas that are made from different dried peppers and then roasted and ground to make the salsa.  Those have so much more flavor than what a tomato heavy salsa has.

The pepper I use the most is definitely the jalapeno.  This could also go in the gardening thread, but I like to plant my own jalapenos for a lot of different uses.  The kind I got a couple years ago, they were so hot, they were practically inedible.  Last year I got ones that were supposed to not have any heat, and they didn't.  They had the flavor of a jalapeno, and the spice of a bell pepper.  It was weird.  This year I tried to go in the middle of those.  But I use jalapenos for all kinds of things.  Poppers, diced up in guacamole, omelets.

18 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I like pepperoncini peppers too.  Don't have them all that often, but they are good.  I used to have them quite a bit growing up.

I don't really eat any peppers by themselves, but I do like using them in other ways.  Diced up in recipes, stuffed, salsa.

One of my favorite ways peppers are used are salsas that are made from different dried peppers and then roasted and ground to make the salsa.  Those have so much more flavor than what a tomato heavy salsa has.

The pepper I use the most is definitely the jalapeno.  This could also go in the gardening thread, but I like to plant my own jalapenos for a lot of different uses.  The kind I got a couple years ago, they were so hot, they were practically inedible.  Last year I got ones that were supposed to not have any heat, and they didn't.  They had the flavor of a jalapeno, and the spice of a bell pepper.  It was weird.  This year I tried to go in the middle of those.  But I use jalapenos for all kinds of things.  Poppers, diced up in guacamole, omelets.

Jalapeno. Yes ! grow them in my vegi garden seasonally.  I love them on Nachos. Other Mexican foods.  And surprisingly enough in Vietnamese Chicken Pho.  Which. Unbelievably I enjoy for breakfast in the morning, just like in Viet Nam. GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!!! 

Breakfast Soup: Why Pho Is the Perfect Morning Meal | Cooking Light

Really like pepperocinnis.  Eat them with pizza, pasta, and in salads.

For mild peppers I like to do stuffed poblanos. 

I prefer habaneros over jalapenos for salsas and sauces because the spice tends to be more consistent.  But I do use jalapenos alot. 

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Prefer banana peppers to pepperoncini...

Like mild jalepenos (senoritas) too. When a pepper dominates the taste rather than adding to it, I'm out...

In addition to pepperoncini... always have a jar of banana peppers in the fridge as well. I don't know how or when it started, but a tradition in the mile house is to have banana peppers as part of our Thanksgiving dinner relish tray. Oh yeah !

55 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'd like to know where Jimmy John's get their hot peppers. Those things are awesome. 

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.  However, when I did a search for Jimmy John's peppers. This is what kept coming up.

Did you know you can get a gallon of Jimmy John’s spicy peppers for $20? And they are delicious on EVERYTHING?!? : spicy

Jimmy John's peppers

Archived