Kuluel Mading

He's raw but he has developed some ball handling and shooting skills.  He has great length and he has something you can't teach -- a motor.

As one of the commenters on the story itself astutely said, since he already reclassified could he do a redshirt year at IU like Race Thompson?  I may follow up with him on that.  Like many, I think the coaching staff needs to see him this summer to move forward.

9 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Yeah, that situation is really starting to piss me off.  I am glad people recognize what is going on there. 

I'm not sure that a strategy of copying what a free site is doing and putting it behind a paywall is going to work out real well.

I seriously do not know why anyone would pay for content at those sites anymore.  There are too many people like yourself who are providing free content...and if they are stealing that content from you and charging people for it, that tells what kind of value I would be getting from paying for their service.

I peruse several of the IU sites.  This is by far the best one when it comes to basketball content on the message boards.

22 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Yeah, that situation is really starting to piss me off.  I am glad people recognize what is going on there. 

I'm not sure that a strategy of copying what a free site is doing and putting it behind a paywall is going to work out real well.

I see it Mike, like I said you my best follow on Twitter for IU content...that includes rivals, peegs, everything. Your work is appreciated 

23 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Question about monetization too, do you get paid for clicks?  If so, I will try to make a more concerted effort to click on the links.  (Like with this one, you had summarized for me already, so I went back to click the link just in case.  Normally I would have just ran with the summary in this thread.)

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Question about monetization too, do you get paid for clicks?  If so, I will try to make a more concerted effort to click on the links.  (Like with this one, you had summarized for me already, so I went back to click the link just in case.  Normally I would have just ran with the summary in this thread.)

Any page view on the TDH site is a good thing for me if that is what you are asking.  There is some tiny monetization associated with that, yes.

Thank you, I really appreciate it!

28 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Any page view on the TDH site is a good thing for me if that is what you are asking.  There is some tiny monetization associated with that, yes.

Thank you, I really appreciate it!

So to play devil's advocate, it doesn't seem that much different than using a free message board to post links to your website which you've been doing for quite some time.

Not that I mind, but I never would have known about your site without seeing links to stories using this board.

1 minute ago, GrangerHoosier said:

So to play devil's advocate, it doesn't seem that much different than using a free message board to post links to your website which you've been doing for quite some time.

Not that I mind, but I never would have known about your site without seeing links to stories using this board.

Very different. Mike is not "using" our site. It is a partnership. He is part of our community.

He also built a relationship with us admins prior. Been top notch and respectful the whole way.

Not sure how you can remotely compare the two.

16 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Very different. Mike is not "using" our site. It is a partnership. He is part of our community.

He also built a relationship with us admins prior. Been top notch and respectful the whole way.

Not sure how you can remotely compare the two.

That is exactly right.  I asked for permission to post here, try to be a part of the community, and look for ways to support each other.

3 hours ago, GrangerHoosier said:

It is different to me.  To be similar, he would have to be stealing free content from a place like Inside the Hall, posting it to a message board on his forum that he charges you to view, and then not giving ItH the credit.

Archived