Kansas & Self

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just went and read. Are they basically just saying that yes they took $ to attend Duke...or were those the questions they will be asked. Maybe I should read slower.

It looks like they're being asked those questions. It's a request for admission so they're requested to admit wrong doing is how it appears to me.

7 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

It looks like they're being asked those questions. It's a request for admission so they're requested to admit wrong doing is how it appears to me.

Yep...went back and read again. To me (just my opinion) it appears getting these questions out for public consumption might speed up settlement talk over coming days before their meeting Friday. 

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly don't get why everyone thinks Cal has to cheat at Kentucky.  There just isn't any indication that they do.  They treat their players like God there and they facilities are second to none.  And Car Salesman Cal i think is just a great recruiter, slimy looking and feeling, but good at it.  Plus Kentucky has always been a high level target school for good players.

I don't particularly like Kentucky but i just don't see the constant call for them as cheaters.

And yes i know Cal probably cheated at Mass and Memphis but nothing was ever done about it.

42 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I honestly don't get why everyone thinks Cal has to cheat at Kentucky.  There just isn't any indication that they do.  They treat their players like God there and they facilities are second to none.  And Car Salesman Cal i think is just a great recruiter, slimy looking and feeling, but good at it.  Plus Kentucky has always been a high level target school for good players.

I don't particularly like Kentucky but i just don't see the constant call for them as cheaters.

And yes i know Cal probably cheated at Mass and Memphis but nothing was ever done about it.

Why would coach K have to cheat but it appears they do.  Also it is not the coach himself that cheats but they know what is going on.

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Because to recruit at his level you have to. It's just part of the game. You think Zion is getting six figures from Duke but Karl Anthony Townes or Anthony Davis are going to UK for free? Why would they when they can get paid at Duke or Kansas or Arizona, etc.? You think the UK guys are turning down six figures from comparable programs to go to UK for free? 

It's not apples to apples, but it's not like the top baseball players take discounts to go to the Yankees because they have the best history, roster, market for sponsorships, etc., etc. The Yankees get the best players because they throw a massive wad of cash at guys. 

40 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Because to recruit at his level you have to. It's just part of the game. You think Zion is getting six figures from Duke but Karl Anthony Townes or Anthony Davis are going to UK for free? Why would they when they can get paid at Duke or Kansas or Arizona, etc.? You think the UK guys are turning down six figures from comparable programs to go to UK for free? 

It's not apples to apples, but it's not like the top baseball players take discounts to go to the Yankees because they have the best history, roster, market for sponsorships, etc., etc. The Yankees get the best players because they throw a massive wad of cash at guys. 

https://www.sbnation.com/2010/8/4/1605399/Anthony-davis-kentucky-recruit-200000-dollars

You have these rumors about Anthony Davis getting $200,000 to go to UK.

3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Nah...Cal doesn't cheat, but I'd guarantee he knows it happens and is a willing recipient of dirty players.  No different than Zion getting paid to play at Duke as others have mentioned.  It would be laughable to think that a lot of Kentucky players don't get paid.

7 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Because it’s pretty clear. Ok forget that he left two programs with vacated final fours in umass and Memphis, where, of course things happened with camby and yes someone sat for Rose’s SAT and the stories of his brother are common knowledge. 
But Cal suddenly saw the light and landed reams of top 10 players as a suddenly squeaky clean guy. Sure. Btw amazing how Bledsoe suddenly went from a borderline failing student to golly acing his way into UK, and so on, and so on. You really believe Cal recruits clean? Come on now 

Archived