Kyle Filipowski (2022)

18 minutes ago, Hoosier Diamond Hands said:

He's talking to dudes like you chief. This staff is just getting started. They landed one of the five best recruits in the Big Ten with Tamar Bates. Any team recruiting nationally will lose most of these battles for players like Filipowski. Unless you are a troll on here to torture IU fans then keep on keeping on. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-27 at 4.25.14 PM.png

giphy.gif

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Hoosier Diamond Hands said:

Unless you are a troll on here to torture IU fans then keep on keeping on. 

I think this pretty much covers the person you are responding to lol. They only respond when it is something negative. 👍

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 5

Sea Turtle let's look at what had happened in the last 3 months since coach Woodson took over.

Talked players out of the Portal

TJD.

Race.

Lander.

Geronimo.

Stewart

Recruits he got to stay with their commitment.

Duncomb.

Gunn.

New recruit

Bates close to being a 5 star.

Transfers he brought a in.

Johnson.

Kopp.

Durr.

So to me all this adds up to a very successful off season.  You come on here after one recruit chooses another school.  That recruit also turned down home state team UVA and UNC.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Look I’m not all rainbows and unicorns but if a person has absolutely NOTHING positive to bring to the board then I wonder why they are here…and why we bother letting them stay.

Drizzle, drazzle, druzzle, drome...looks like Tooter has gone home.

Mr. Wizard

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

That’s a bummer but not shocking. That being said he is ranked 45th in the country which is virtually “slumming it” for Duke.  

Duke is going to have to go back to building it the traditional way if they want to be successful again. No way is Scheyer bringing in a whole starting lineup of OAD kids and managing those personalities. Heck, Coach K was struggling to push the right buttons with these OAD kids.

Edited by dgambill

I agree.  I like Filipowski but we will focus on the guys the staff has good traction with.  Maybe it’s guys like Clowney, Banks, Glenn and Fears.  We will see who we end up with, but we should get certain types of players the staff can work with and be successful with.  

Hopefully we exceed expectations this year, develop players, and play a good style.  Players will come.  

• Like 4