Kyle Filipowski (2022)

52 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

He’s Duke bound 

I wouldn't read too much into his calling the Duke visit "outstanding." Here's what he's said about other visits:

IU: incredible (official)

UConn: great (unofficial)

Northwestern: great (unofficial)

OSU: amazing (official)

Syracuse: awesome (official)

We're also not directly competing with Coach K to land him. Scheyer would be his coach at Duke.

Edited by go_iu_bb
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I cant believe anyone falls for that brotherhood crap they have tried to lay claim of.

It sickens my stomach to be tossed around so cheaply.  

I mean that’s how cults work don’t ya know??? 😂😂😂 I mean the brotherhood was on full display at his creepy retirement ceremony. I thought I was watching the beginning of a tv church episode or a dance workout dvd. 😂😂😂

16 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

When did he commit?

If he didn't we have no idea how recruiting is going to be for them with ratface retiring. I think they are going to have a steep falloff with a new coach.

16 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

I wouldn't read too much into his calling the Duke visit "outstanding." Here's what he's said about other visits:

IU: incredible (official)

UConn: great (unofficial)

Northwestern: great (unofficial)

OSU: amazing (official)

Syracuse: awesome (official)

We're also not directly competing with Coach K to land him. Scheyer would be his coach at Duke.

Believe what you want. He was always a Duke lean and now that he’s got the offer it would take something crazy for him not to end up there. It’s just a matter of time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Believe what you want. He was always a Duke lean and now that he’s got the offer it would take something crazy for him not to end up there. It’s just a matter of time.

Not trying to be anything other then curious, but did he tweet something or did his family and friends tweet something that all he was waiting was a Duke offer? What makes you think that he was waiting on a ratface offer? I don't tweet so i am genuinely curious.

You could be right but nothing that i have seen says he is leaning towards one team or the other.

2 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

Not trying to be anything other then curious, but did he tweet something or did his family and friends tweet something that all he was waiting was a Duke offer? What makes you think that he was waiting on a ratface offer? I don't tweet so i am genuinely curious.

You could be right but nothing that i have seen says he is leaning towards one team or the other.

It’s just been the talk around him for a while and the way things have been trending. 

Duke will be a nice place for the youngster. He's an East Coast kid, like Taylor and we haven't proven ourselves yet. Rosemond will save our 2022 class. Personally, I have guarded optimism with this kids game. I'm 50 years old and when I think of 6'10-11" thin big men that shoot from the perimeter I have Robbie Eagers and Magnus Pelkowski nightmares. 

I'd rather have early commits from Freeman and Parks. 

9 hours ago, ba43056 said:

I'm 50 years old and when I think of 6'10-11" thin big men that shoot from the perimeter I have Robbie Eagers and Magnus Pelkowski nightmares. 

I'd rather have early commits from Freeman and Parks. 

I recall when Robbie Eggers came back with AIA or something against IU and couldn’t miss from 3. He put up about 30 which was probably half his total career scoring at IU.