Kyle Filipowski (2022)

Filipowski was probably my favorite recruit in this class.  But I am not aware of any connections he had with IU and he is from a state far away.  So, IU was just a school on his list.  The reality check here is that a guy like this is tough to pull until we can distinguish ourselves on the floor.

We did get Bates, and our staff has a lot of positive momentum, but to consistently get a kid like this, we need a big turnaround season, IMO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Filipowski was probably my favorite recruit in this class.  But I am not aware of any connections he had with IU and he is from a state far away.  So, IU was just a school on his list.  The reality check here is that a guy like this is tough to pull until we can distinguish ourselves on the floor.

We did get Bates, and our staff has a lot of positive momentum, but to consistently get a kid like this, we need a big turnaround season, IMO.

I don’t know that we were “just” a school on his list. He wouldn’t have used an official visit on us if that is the case. I’ll believe we’re out when he commits elsewhere or he’s quoted saying that. 

6 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Agreed! We won’t land these recruits until we start winning! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jackson Kellogs said:

Agreed! We won’t land these recruits until we start winning! 

Playing some games under CMW might help first along with some win. Kids have no clue the style of play until they see it. Hell we dont even know yet. CMW can tell these kids all he wants about his system but that means nothing until its seen in games. Just growing pains of having a new staff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...