But, but, but...Leader of men and all that crap!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Hoosier98 said:

This has been happening for years at Duke.  Its amazing how there could be news articles, situations, etc for years and nothing is said.  I first learned about the smoke with Corey Maggette.....

Not sure why some coaches are untouchable.  

1 minute ago, rico said:

Get Jay Bilas on the phone.

Jay Bilas would never break the fraternity bond.  There is only one Dan Dakitch, and he didnt start to speak out until the past few years.  And his has more to do about his relationship and stories.  Most players and parents do not share anything from within the locker room even if disgruntled.

Jay Bilas will speak out about others....always found this interesting

58 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If Coach Knight were still in good health, I wonder what he would think about all of this.

Coach might not like it, and probably knows what is happening.  Let's not forget:

-Roy Williams, a cheater especially with academics -- he had May play there.  Knight was all about graduation and going to class.

-He has been to Calipari's practices even during the world wide west days.

-Friends with Tark

-Etc.......

The days of coaches getting involved in this stuff are long gone. Only the most desperate ones do. Coaches like K and Cal have so many people doing the work for them. It’s like Wooden in the 60s and early 70s. This doesn’t surprise me...all the people at the top will feign ignorance.

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The days of coaches getting involved in this stuff are long gone. Only the most desperate ones do. Coaches like K and Cal have so many people doing the work for them. It’s like Wooden in the 60s and early 70s. This doesn’t surprise me...all the people at the top will feign ignorance.

Absolutely they will. They’d be dumb to be invoked at any level. He’ll act like he’s flabbergasted.

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Feign ignorance?  Sounds just like the NCAA.

40 minutes ago, dgambill said:

True, but they know and facilitate who to get.  And then, cover it up.  Coach K on Thomas and his jewelry.  Or his quote. This is just a blip......is that because you only have a few years left?

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Until the NCAA puts their foot of these programs throat and give them the death penalty nothing will stop them.

I would go scorched earth on these people. This is supposed to be amatuer sports for college kids. What ever happened to honesty and integrity.

Oh...money.  The love of money ruins everything.

4 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

True, but they know and facilitate who to get.  And then, cover it up.  Coach K on Thomas and his jewelry.  Or his quote. This is just a blip......is that because you only have a few years left?

I always called Cal the Toney Saprano of college basketball.  The mob bosses put a hit out but are not the one executing the hit.

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I would go scorched earth on these people. This is supposed to be amatuer sports for college kids. What ever happened to honesty and integrity.

Oh...money.  The love of money ruins everything.

Let the players go pro who wants to and leave the college game for actual student athletes.

3 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

But the ones paying will still be paying to get the best players. If kids 1-20 in a class go pro, then 21-40 will have bags of cash, money and hooker thrown at them at every turn.

Good point. So then I guess the only solution at that point is a tall tree and a short rope.🤔  

Said in jest, of course. 

But seriously,  will people who deserve to be punished for wrongdoing, ever be. I've lost hope. 

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Good point. So then I guess the only solution at that point is a tall tree and a short rope.🤔  

Said in jest, of course. 

But seriously,  will people who deserve to be punished for wrongdoing, ever be. I've lost hope. 

Programs and coaches who cheat needs to feel the pain and see that there will be consequences for their cheating.  Coaches needs to be banned from the game if they commit major violations.

Archived