But, but, but...Leader of men and all that crap!

On 5/11/2020 at 3:58 PM, FKIM01 said:

Excellent article...some great ideas and a bonus swipe at slimy Will Wade!!! 😂😂😂

I am good with the hockey rule, but I would want an extra scholarship.  If you have 13 guys on scholarship and have to wait until the summer just to find out you are losing 3 or 4 guys, it would be nice to have another developmental scholarship.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I am good with the hockey rule, but I would want an extra scholarship.  If you have 13 guys on scholarship and have to wait until the summer just to find out you are losing 3 or 4 guys, it would be nice to have another developmental scholarship.

Not disagreeing with you.  Just saying.... isn't that what preferred walkons are for ?  I mean, that is another way to look at it. 

Hey Crazy.  Thanks for being a Hoosier Sports Nation member.  YOU.  Are another member with more likes than posts.  Rare. 

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Not disagreeing with you.  Just saying.... isn't that what preferred walkons are for ?  I mean, that is another way to look at it. 

Hey Crazy.  Thanks for being a Hoosier Sports Nation member.  YOU.  Are another member with more likes than posts.  Rare. 

Thanks, best site for IU b-ball discussion I think.  You can talk without the threads devolving into petty back and forth.  I think even when people disagree on this board they still do it in an agreeable way.

The preferred walk on is kind of a developmental spot and that is what the 14th scholarship could be for in a year where you have a full roster...give those guys a little bonus for hard work.  My thought is that this may keep more kids in school, so maybe IU takes a flyer on a kid like that Luke Brown who is not projecting as a high major right now but could develop into a nice piece by his junior or senior year.  Basically the preferred walk on type who has scholarship options somewhere else.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would post this here. Hopefully link works. Imagine having a case thrown because you didn't register as an agent in the state (in this case North Carolina) and paying the $200 fee?? I'm not a lawyer but that reads pretty easy to me. If you aren't registered you can't enter into an agreement to begin with. Haha.

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans/article_ef6ee3a8-9d36-11ea-948c-238d33e997e0.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 4:06 PM, IUCrazy2 said:

The timeline is atrocious for basketball. Not sure they can do anything about it though. 

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I hope they get embarrassed but didn't I read that the most likely outcome is a private settlement with a non-disclosure agreement?

I heard that as well.  Hell Coach K is probably orchestrating the payout settlement himself to keep this from going to court.

Duke being punished by the NCAA is a pipe dream.

Go Hoosiers!!!

The easy design-around is having the shoe company pay the players which would be done superficially outside the purview of the school.   As was the case withJohnny Wooden, it allows K to pretend he’s not involved.  Win-win for him because he gets ringers without “Duke” paying.  Classic subterfuge.

Only hard core basketball fans will know or care.  The average, more casual fan, only knows or cares about Wooden’s titles.  Sam Gilbert is irrelevant to them.  The parallel to K is uncanny.  Keep in mind, K went into a funk where he had slow, stiff teams.  He resorted to the ringer method to recruit the Kentucky way at a top academic school like Duke.  But he’s untouchable,.  He could go out onto Fifth Avenue in Manhattan and shoot...Er you know the rest.  

32 minutes ago, Sark said:

Isn’t every university that takes money from apparel companies corrupt, then? There’s no evidence K has done anything wrong, but that doesn’t stop casual fans from making the insinuation that he’s facilitated improper benefits to players, proof be damned. Why not just not permit apparel companies from signing large deals with shoe and apparel providers and remove the possible conflict? Of course, this deal with ZW isn’t alleged to be about that anyway, so it’s an apples and oranges question, and Gilbert was a different matter altogether, more legend as the years pass by.

It was rumored that KU had offered $200.000 to Zion so you are saying that Zion decided to go to Duke without payment.  Again coaches like Cal might not be the one handing the money out but he knows what is going on in his program.   They are like mob bosses who put out the hits but they are not the ones who executes the hits.

48 minutes ago, Sark said:

“It was rumored.?” Doesn’t it take more than that? It was rumored that Sean Miller was caught on a wire offering money, but there’s been nothing to support that. If Sean is doing it and his assistant was dirty, was Archie dirty when he was at U of Arizona? Would it make sense to accuse him of that since he was there? Do you really think Chuck Martin and Adidas started cheating when he got to Louisville? Isn’t it reasonable to think he was cheating with Adidas before he got to U of L? 

All of that could have happened but just think you are very naive to think coach K or Calapari is squeeky clean.

I wish some of these coaches would just retire.  Boeheim, K, Roy Williams,  Izzo...the big name guys who act holier than thou, but aren't.  I'm tired of them all...And throw Calipari in there too.  He can go to the NBA along with Self.    😝

Archived