Crean Stories

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RJPaisley said:

I'm all for anything that gets IU fans pumped-up about IUBball.  I enjoy hearing the insider's info from the former players.

I do too.  In general, I'm a big fan of Hoosier Hysterics.  My only real complaint is the bend toward Crean bashing.  Just let the players tell their stories.  You'll have players like Rivers and then you'll have Dwayne Wade...some players loved him and others...well, didn't.  I just don't like seeing an interviewer ask leading questions and try to slant an interview one way or the other.  Interviewers should be neutral parties and let the interviewee tell the story.  The HH guys definitely have a negative opinion on Crean and they are letting that take a solid "A" product to the B+ level.

Guys, if you're reading this (and based on a few clues, I assume you are), you're very good, but you can do better.

Second year as HC of IUBB... Coach Crean had a guy by the name of Bawa Munriu. Have we not fogotten ? I could name others.  But will leave it there. 

It was not till a year later, Coach Crean had a young fella from Washington, Indiana. By the name of Cody.

4 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

My brain now officially hurts.

One thing all three of these guys had in common.  Did not come from Indiana.  But grew up in other countries.  I guess two things in common.  Wore an IU uniform. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Second year as HC of IUBB... Coach Crean had a guy by the name of Bawa Munriu. Have we not fogotten ? I could name others.  But will leave it there. 

It was not till a year later, Coach Crean had a young fella from Washington, Indiana. By the name of Cody.

Who was the kid from France that was ineligible.  One of the pitches to zeller was he had that kid to go against in practice.

4 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Or Ivan Renko!

I still never understood why Mike Davis had such a hard time landing big men.  He's the coach at a top 5 program and he couldn't land a decent big guy to save his life.  Literally any top 100 guy would've come here and started right away yet he was dumpster diving for guys like Pegram, Gray, Steijn, Dinc, etc.  Thank goodness he once babysat DJ White.

31 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I still never understood why Mike Davis had such a hard time landing big men.  He's the coach at a top 5 program and he couldn't land a decent big guy to save his life.  Literally any top 100 guy would've come here and started right away yet he was dumpster diving for guys like Pegram, Gray, Steijn, Dinc, etc.  Thank goodness he once babysat DJ White.

Sean May recruited Wright and Stickland to IU - this set back the program when it was a surprise (To Davis)

Greg Oden when with Conley because of wrong mail, etc.

He did have Smith and Rothbart- never arrived on campus and Howard was very interested to go with his buddy Smith.

Ben Allen might of been a nice player if stayed.

DJ White was huge for him.

55 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Sean May recruited Wright and Stickland to IU - this set back the program when it was a surprise (To Davis)

Greg Oden when with Conley because of wrong mail, etc.

He did have Smith and Rothbart- never arrived on campus and Howard was very interested to go with his buddy Smith.

Ben Allen might of been a nice player if stayed.

DJ White was huge for him.

Don't forget that he recruited Charlie Villanueva and Lou Al Deng

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Don’t forget Marco Killingsworth...who knows what the White/Killingsworth combo could’ve produced if DJ didn’t get hurt.

Archived