Michigan State - L

Rutgers - W

Minnesota - W

Illinois - W

Iowa - L

Nebraska - W

Ohio State - W

20-10 (12-6)

very very tough year to do this.  i say right around 19-20, but man, so many questions!  will Davis be as good as we think?  how will RoJo step up this season?  will Green and CuJo leap?  front court depth?  if things pan out all for the best, it could be a solid year with better defense and smarter offense.  if these things don't have good answers to them, it could be pretty ugly.  just because we expect better coaching doesn't mean talent doesn't matter.  excited to see!

I keep going back and forth on a couple of games but I think 20-21. I know we don't have elite talent (yet) but I still think this roster is pretty solid. I'll echo another poster. 20 win season for first year coach and keep recruiting like we have been....that's all I need for year 1.

Non-Conference Schedule:

• 11/10 - Indiana State - WIN
  • 11/12 - Howard - WIN
  • 11/15 - at Seton Hall - WIN
  • 11/19 - South Florida - WIN
  • 11/22 - Arkansas State - WIN
  • 11/24 - Eastern Michigan - WIN
  • 11/29 - Duke - LOSS
  • 12/9 - at Louisville - LOSS
  • 12/16 - vs Notre Dame (Indianapolis, Indiana) - WIN
  • 12/18 - Fort Wayne - WIN
  • 12/21 - Tennessee Tech - WIN
  • 12/29 - Youngstown State - WIN

-Conference Schedule:

• 12/2 - at Michigan - LOSS
  • 12/4 - Iowa - WIN
  • 1/2 - at Wisconsin - LOSS
  • 1/6 - at Minnesota - LOSS
  • 1/9 - Penn State - WIN
  • 1/14 - Northwestern - WIN
  • 1/19 - at Michigan State - LOSS
  • 1/22 - Maryland - WIN
  • 1/24 - at Illinois - WIN
  • 1/28 - Purdue - WIN
  • 1/30 - at Ohio State - WIN
  • 2/3 - Michigan State - WIN
  • 2/5 - at Rutgers - WIN
  • 2/9 - Minnesota - WIN
  • 2/14 - Illinois - WIN
  • 2/17 - at Iowa - LOSS
  • 2/20 - at Nebraska - WIN
  • 2/23 - Ohio State - WIN

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all...New member, but long-time lurker.  First post.  20 wins feels reasonably safe to me.  Very excited about this season and our new coaching regime.  Hoping to see gradual team improvement as players get comfortable with a new system and coaching approach to game situations.  I like that we have a coach who played the game and had a successful coach for a father.  I just think coaching is in Archie's blood...his DNA.  

36 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Hi all...New member, but long-time lurker.  First post.  20 wins feels reasonably safe to me.  Very excited about this season and our new coaching regime.  Hoping to see gradual team improvement as players get comfortable with a new system and coaching approach to game situations.  I like that we have a coach who played the game and had a successful coach for a father.  I just think coaching is in Archie's blood...his DNA.  

Welcome !

More wins and less losses than last year. What is even more exciting is the atmosphere and positive vibes about the new coach and program. For the first time in years I think the ship is being captained by the right person. I truly believe Coach Miller will do some great things and the results will come faster than expected and be consistent over a long period of time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:38 PM, jv1972iu said:

Welcome to the site!  

As for my guess at the record, my brain is saying 18-21 wins ,but my heart says better coaching and ANY improvement in on floor leadership sees 20-25.

My record predictions generally fall on the higher end of the optimism scale(among posters I'm familiar with here)..However with a smallish relatively inexperienced front court ,and the returning players' (CH,JM & DD) recent injury history,the risk of re-injury seems fairly high to me.

It's one thing to lose experienced front court depth,but totally different to start a season with suspect depth up front,and lose even one guy in the midst of the B1G grind .That alone could lower the win total dramatically if other factors don't fall into place soon enough..

Should any of our bigs go down ,to get to the high end of my prediction, IU will either have to shoot lights out or play shut suffocating team defense..

Archived