Schdule is Out How many Wins

Number of Wins  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Number of Wins 17-18 season

• under 20
    • over 24

On 10/23/2017 at 3:09 PM, KDB said:

We only play 30 games in the regular season, 25 wins is not going to happen. If it did, don't get me wrong I would be very happy.. But i think 19-21 wins is the most realistic for this team, maybe 22

So you are saying that the only resson 41-0 is off the table is because we can't actually play that many games.  :coffee:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

was really hoping to be wrong on this one, but we have to understand that it will take Archie a little time to get this program where we want it.  need top talent.  Garland ANDLangford please.  i think we got a glimpse why no one other than our fans projected us any better than 7th in the B1G.

Fixed it for you. :cheers:

23 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Bump

That took courage. :) 

I'll stick with my prediction of 20 wins. I think this team is going to get better, but they were never a 25-win team.  I love the unbridled optimism...I just hate seeing it crushed after one game.  IU is not as bad as they showed last night, but they're not yet as good as some of you expected.

8 hours ago, Snozzwangers_und_covfefe said:

Well, I know Kenpom means less early in the year, but now has us projected at 13-17, 6-12 in the BiG.  Bright side is we're projected to beat IPFW this year. 

Whoa...that's a significant swing. FWIW, I don't think they are giving Archie enough credit. The new factor is overstating how bad this team is.  Once they get a better feel for Archie's system, I expect they will be significantly better.

Yea I believe KenPom is purely statistical. We could easily finish 13-17, we could also lose more games. But the stats can’t account for continued improvement that I believe will happen. I don’t think Archie is going to put up with BS for too long. But if, out of the gate, Archie was benching guys we expected to play big minutes, we would all be scratching our heads. 

1 hour ago, cohete15 said:

Yea I believe KenPom is purely statistical. We could easily finish 13-17, we could also lose more games. But the stats can’t account for continued improvement that I believe will happen. I don’t think Archie is going to put up with BS for too long. But if, out of the gate, Archie was benching guys we expected to play big minutes, we would all be scratching our heads. 

Yup and I know the accuracy is much less early in the season, since there's not a large sample size to work with.  Just throwing it out there was all.  I still think we can manage 17-20, with the optimist in me thinking 20. 

On 11/12/2017 at 9:08 AM, Coach1K said:

My uncle predicted 18-12. 

That's about where I am. I am assuming we get Hartman back fairly soon, and that he stays healthy. He will help.

This team has enough talent to get to 18 wins, and I'm not reading too much into where the team is now. This team will grow as they get acclimated to CAM's schemes and style. 

Archived